PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Sky cinema rebrand

Ford1
25-07-16, 19:40
I have two different box's set up, and neither have updated to SKY CINEMA, both still show as Sky Movies, one is a xtrend et8000 running vix 3.2.036 and a Edison osmini using vix 4.1.016.

Is this something to do with ABM?

Log attached is from the osmini

lincsat
25-07-16, 22:17
The names haven't changed, well except for Sky Star trek/Harry Potter/ Tom Cruise

Ford1
25-07-16, 23:34
Ah that explains it, I thought with all the advertising they had Rebranded the channels from "MOVIES" to "CINEMA" and that would have changed in abm.

kryton
26-07-16, 00:33
Ah that explains it, I thought with all the advertising they had Rebranded the channels from "MOVIES" to "CINEMA" and that would have changed in abm.

Picons have changed to to Sky cinema comedy...etc. depending on where you get your Picons from...
Other than that theres no other changes except the Tom cruise...which is now Harry potter....

frankblueking
26-07-16, 21:44
It may be a naive question but does anyone understand why Sly have changed to Sly Cinema? :confused::confused:

Andy_Hazza
26-07-16, 23:17
They have just Rebranded the Sky Movies. No changes within ABM etc. Just cosmetic, I.e. Graphics, logo's etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincsat
27-07-16, 12:41
It may be a naive question but does anyone understand why Sly have changed to Sly Cinema? :confused::confused:

To match Sky Italy and Sky Germany, also to try and get a few more gullible ex-subscribers back thinking they are getting something extra than before.

DaMacFunkin
27-07-16, 18:48
They did also state in the press release that they had changed the encoding algorithm used to produce more colours and louder bangs but the quality of their HD still doesn't look as good as Netflix, and that is streamed.

s1m0nw
27-07-16, 20:08
Thing is did it not used to be called sky cinema back in ninties

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

lincsat
27-07-16, 22:12
They did also state in the press release that they had changed the encoding algorithm used to produce more colours and louder bangs but the quality of their HD still doesn't look as good as Netflix, and that is streamed.

They have got new prints (Digital media) in full HD (1920x1080) rather than HD-Lite (1440x1080)

frankblueking
28-07-16, 09:03
To match Sky Italy and Sky Germany, also to try and get a few more gullible ex-subscribers back thinking they are getting something extra than before.

Sounds a familiar story. Thanks.