PDA

View Full Version : Duo2 DVB-T/DVB-C, 5v Active Antenna

Cheeseman
25-07-16, 13:54
Hi,

I have a VU+ Duo2 with a DVB-t/DVB-c Twin tuner module. This has been configured for DVB-t, but even if I select "Enable 5V for active antenna" to off I still get 5vdc form the input socket of the tuner. I have tried disabling the tuner and changing the config to DVB-c, but I still get 5vdc form the socket.

Is this something that can be changed in software?

Many thanks

Cheeseman
25-07-16, 23:09
I've reloaded a previous image to check if this would make a difference, I tried Apollo 166. I have also tried moving the position of the tuner into slot one, this also made no diffenece. Final, I tried moving the tuner in to my Solo se V2 with the same result.

Can anyone confirm if the they have the same voltages from their card as this doesn't seem correct to me?

chuf
26-07-16, 12:11
How are you measuring the voltage?

Cheeseman
26-07-16, 12:20
Hi,

between the centre pin and the outer of the socket.

Many thanks

Huevos
26-07-16, 15:30
Have you tried measuring with an ampmeter from centre to outer. May just be a floating voltage when there is zero load. Otherwise this would be a driver issue, so will be the same in all images with the current drivers.

Cheeseman
26-07-16, 19:58
Hi,

I've measured 5vdc between centre pin and outer & centre pin and earth. I sure it's a true 5vdc. This occurs even when it is setup as a DVB-c. I'm guessing this must be a common issue with all VU+ devices, may be driver related. If someone else could measure theirs It would be good to confirm it as I could then rule out a faulty tuner.
BTW, if you connect this to a VM feed surly you would be sending 5vdc to all other pieces of equipment within your house.