PDA

View Full Version : Which freesat boxes should I consider

aty0504
25-07-16, 11:50
Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my Humax 1000s Fresat box where i'm no longer able to record.

My Satellite dish was installed about 5 years ago by Sky and has a quad nlmb but they only wired up two cables.

I want to be able to watch one program live and also have the ability to record two programs, or at least watch one live and record another.

If possible I would like to have Kodi on it, but not essential as I already have an android box with it on, but it's nice to have one box connected instead of two.

So far my choice seem to be the Edision OS MINI 2x DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Twin Tuner Digital Satellite Receiver HD 1080p PVR £99

Then the price seems to jump up by at least £40 to the next models with twin freesat tuners.

So will this allow me to watch.record as stated?
Will it record HD channels?
Will it allow me to use the latest version of KODI ?
What do I gain by paying more for other models?
Which other models would you recommend and why ?

I can sell my Android Kodi box and that will add another £20 to the kitty.

TIA to all responders and I hope this will help others in the future.

dfox
25-07-16, 12:23
It will do what you want recording wise but you will not be able to run Kodi. You will be able to record one and watch another.

Willmoore
25-07-16, 12:42
You will need to add a usb hdd to the Edision if you wish to record.
You would need one of the Vu boxes if you wanted to Kodi.

twol
25-07-16, 12:55
Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my Humax 1000s Fresat box where i'm no longer able to record.

My Satellite dish was installed about 5 years ago by Sky and has a quad nlmb but they only wired up two cables.

I want to be able to watch one program live and also have the ability to record two programs, or at least watch one live and record another.

If possible I would like to have Kodi on it, but not essential as I already have an android box with it on, but it's nice to have one box connected instead of two.

So far my choice seem to be the Edision OS MINI 2x DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Twin Tuner Digital Satellite Receiver HD 1080p PVR £99

Then the price seems to jump up by at least £40 to the next models with twin freesat tuners.

So will this allow me to watch.record as stated?
Will it record HD channels?
Will it allow me to use the latest version of KODI ?
What do I gain by paying more for other models?
Which other models would you recommend and why ?

I can sell my Android Kodi box and that will add another £20 to the kitty.

TIA to all responders and I hope this will help others in the future.

So will this allow me to watch.record as stated? Yes ... with 2 tuners
Will it record HD channels? Yes, if HD channels are available
Will it allow me to use the latest version of KODI ? Only on VU+ currently and supported Kodi maybe (likely?) is not latest version.
What do I gain by paying more for other models? More features, more tuner flexibility, faster processor (on some) 4K (currently only Vu but others coming)
Which other models would you recommend and why ? Vu+ for Kodi, otherwise Edision will meet your stated requirements