PDA

View Full Version : ET8500 Front Display edit

Blackwidow2016
25-07-16, 07:40
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Extrend ET8500 and I love to the box, quick and it does everything I want BUT I have a issue with the front display so would like to make some changes myself, just to personalise it some more. If anyone can help that would be great

1) How can I turn off the live TV picture
2) Where is the code for the front display, so I can edit the way the information is displayed, I'm running Blue HD skin
3) Can I change the clock from the analogue clock face to a digital clock?

I don't mind making the code changes myself if I know where to look as I've spent many years coding but I don't know where things are stored on a box.
Cheers

Sicilian
25-07-16, 08:03
For display settings, menu > setup > system > front display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
25-07-16, 08:46
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Extrend ET8500 and I love to the box, quick and it does everything I want BUT I have a issue with the front display so would like to make some changes myself, just to personalise it some more. If anyone can help that would be great

1) How can I turn off the live TV picture
2) Where is the code for the front display, so I can edit the way the information is displayed, I'm running Blue HD skin
3) Can I change the clock from the analogue clock face to a digital clock?

I don't mind making the code changes myself if I know where to look as I've spent many years coding but I don't know where things are stored on a box.
Cheers

menu > setup > system > front display. > settings
I always set Clone TV screen to LCD off (by default for me)
OpenATV image also has a dimming feature which I find useful (dims down as far as black if specified) after specified time setting - so on my lounge box the screen disappears after 5 minutes and only reappears on remote key change.

LCD skins look in
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/tree/master/data/display720
In the same folder for OpenATV and Open XTA image you will find their skins, some with digital clocks ... there are (or were) downloadable LCD skins on these images some with digital clocks (sorry I used to have them all but have deleted)
Can probably find them if you cannot :)

On the image you will find the ET8500 LCD skins in /usr/share/enigma2/display they are in xml so you could edit and copy back.

Certainly the digital clock works, as I had it for some time before Rossi created the OpenViX LCD skins.

twol
25-07-16, 09:38
You might also google sumpfhuhn0 and openatv and you will see his skin which is downloadable ....it contains every piece of information bar whats in the kitchen sink:)

Blackwidow2016
25-07-16, 14:55
Thank you for the info, its been really helpful

Bangord30
06-08-16, 13:57
Loving the sumpfhuhn0 LCD skin cheers!

PS I've mates with ATV issues on this box. Does anyone have any English speaking contacts there lol?

twol
06-08-16, 15:05
Well you can ask post in English.
If you are talking of the current English post, then perhaps they should look at the Cam version they are using.