PDA

View Full Version : New vu+ duo 2 transcoding issue

Jonnyuk5
24-07-16, 08:00
Hi recently purchased Vu+ duo and all
Work fine . However I can't get transcoding to work . It's seems you setup in the plugin and just set the settings as required there is no on of off that I can see . The question is how do I know that transcoding is actually been used as the port is set to 8002 but when it try to use this stream internally or externally (using port forward and dyndns) the image quality seems the same
And the live streams stops every couple
Of seconds like its a bandwidth issue. The reason I don't think transcoding is working at all is you can change resolution bit rate and fps to the lowest setting possible and the image still looks the same and stutters remotely .
I don't think it's using transcoding and is always using the standard stream over 8001 . Can anyone offer any advice on this please as trying to watch live streams remotely over 4g and its in watchable due to this issue

Cheers

Larry-G
24-07-16, 08:25
Hi recently purchased Vu+ duo and all
Work fine . However I can't get transcoding to work . It's seems you setup in the plugin and just set the settings as required there is no on of off that I can see . The question is how do I know that transcoding is actually been used as the port is set to 8002 but when it try to use this stream internally or externally (using port forward and dyndns) the image quality seems the same
And the live streams stops every couple
Of seconds like its a bandwidth issue. The reason I don't think transcoding is working at all is you can change resolution bit rate and fps to the lowest setting possible and the image still looks the same and stutters remotely .
I don't think it's using transcoding and is always using the standard stream over 8001 . Can anyone offer any advice on this please as trying to watch live streams remotely over 4g and its in watchable due to this issue

Cheers

The Vu+ Duo is something like 6 years old now and simply does not have the required hardware capabilities to transcode. you can stream SD and HD content to your own internal home network and SD externally but it's just not powerful enough to transcode and never has been.

Jonnyuk5
24-07-16, 08:59
Hi thanks for your reply ,I have only just bought this box from world of satalitlle and its states it has transcoding built it . It's the Vu+ duo 2 if that makes any difference

Cheers

Larry-G
24-07-16, 09:00
Your title was pointing towards the original Duo hence my reply. Yes the Duo2 has transcoding abilities but it's not a feature I have ever used (I dont have the Duo2 but I do have it's smaller brother the Solo2 )

Jonnyuk5
24-07-16, 09:06
Sorry yes didn't realise there was 2 versions but yes this is defiantly the 2 with the lcd screen . Yes it's strange seems really simple to setup the transcoding but not sure how to prove it's using it as it stutters no matter what stream I use and image looks identical . I have fttc as well so my upload is 33mb but still unwatchable . Tested internally as well and the streams look to the same so I think it ignores the transcoding and falls back to standard stream on 8100

abu baniaz
24-07-16, 09:27
Thread title edited to include "2", also moved to Duo2 section.

gibbletts
24-07-16, 10:12
I've used it before and had no issues maybe your internet connection isn't up to it?

Jonnyuk5
24-07-16, 10:26
Hi do you know how you configured yours , I have 30mb upload but that's kind of irrelevant as it doesn't work internally either , when you have used it how do you know it works as I'm testing internally and can see it usess the transcoding port I set but the image quality looks the same and even if I set the bitrate and res to the lowest setting its still
Looks the same which makes me think it's not using it

judge
24-07-16, 10:58
Does the transcoded stream work through WebIF?

bellejt
24-07-16, 11:37
1- transcoding does not need internet connection
2 - works perfect in webif .Choose icon most to the right side.
3 - transcoding automatically takes the right resolution
4 - transcoding can be setup in webif

Jonnyuk5
24-07-16, 12:22
Thanks for all your responses yes tried it in webinf and when I use the far right icon to stream the quality looks exactly the same as if I use the one to the left of it . Even if I set the transcoding bitrate and res to the lowest . You might think why does it matter that it looks the same the issue is I don't think it's using the transcoding so when i use the stream remotely no matter if I use the left TV icon or the right TV icon it just pauses and stutters all the time like I have a bandwidth issue . Also I have only setup transcoding within the plugin where is the option in webinf ?

Thanks for your help

bellejt
24-07-16, 12:48
webif - extra -setup - most to the right -transcoding setup.

Jonnyuk5
24-07-16, 13:02
Thanks found that so it's does seem there is no way to turn on or off so should be on and looks like those settings are the same as if you go into plugins transcoding and advanced and are the ones
I have already changed . If you put the res and bitrate to the lowest do you notice a difference how do you know that it's been transcoded

Cheers

bellejt
24-07-16, 14:16
mine is set on auto and working fine for streaming to PC.If i choose simple streaming I have blocks.Transcoding gives me a perfect streaming.When I choose transcoding I see a slight hold up in image on my tv.Fraction of an second but on not transcoding it does not happen

Jonnyuk5
24-07-16, 15:48
Thanks I will have another play around when I'm home it does stream ok at home but as its doesn't seem to transcode means I can't watch remotely even though I have 30mb upload

Thanks for your input

jasonreid7
01-08-16, 13:38
Hi all - i recently also purchased this box and its a great piece of kit - but I have noticed the same as Jonnyuk5 - changing the transcoding settings does not appear to affect the quality of the stream using transcoding - trying to reduce it to reduce bandwidth seems to have no effect

Jonnyuk5
01-08-16, 21:21
Hi Jason I had a little bit of a play around with this following some of the responses and eventually got it working. Like what was suggested to me if you ignore the Transcoding add-ons section and just use the settings with Webif ( Go to Webif Main page select settings under extras then change the transcoding settings there under the Transcoding Tab is seem to definitely work for me and could notice a difference . So much so that I could leave the stream playing in VlC and make changes and after a few seconds you would see the difference in the image. Se attached to what I set mine to49237

Let me know how you get on. The only issue I have is that it plays the Streams with the Narrator on certain channels like Sky Movies etc and cannot for the life of me get rid of it. Changed all the Language defaults to English and AC3 Downmix and all that's is suggested online but through Transcoding still uses Narrator and is so annoying so If anyone has nay ideas on that it would also be appreciated

jasonreid7
23-08-16, 12:51
Jonny,

Thanks very much for this - i used your exact settings and it worked perfectly!

Really good compromise between quality and stability for me on a mobile connection.

Unfortunately I've had a look at the audio and cant get this to change either - but happy for now with the stable stream! :)

Makandal
26-10-16, 13:00
Hi everyone!
I have 5mb upload speed.
I use a xpeed LX 1 with very limited hardware and I'm able to watch SD channels remotely using VLC or IPTV app for Android. No transcoding involved.
Picture is very good for SD.
My point: If it's only a limited number of users watching at the same time I guess 30MB upload should be enough for streaming over to the Internet. And no need for expensive Sat receivers.

crx
26-10-16, 14:21
Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a vu duo 2 and use the vu app and can watch and control my box while in the house but I'm not able to access anything when I'm away from my network, is there a way to access the box when away from the house?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
26-10-16, 14:30
Sorry to hijack this thread but I ....
Don't hijack a thread, especially not if it's about a completely different issue. Just create your own thread for the benefit of us all; it's easy enough.

crx
26-10-16, 15:17
Apologies, I thought it was off a similar topic .