PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Image Vix upgrade

largeportion
24-07-16, 07:59
Hi support
I want to upgrade my Vu+Solo2 SE to the latest Vix 4 build. I don't have a problem with this, as I have used Backup Manager & Image Manager, before any new flash for safety. Before I do this I believe I need to reintroduce need/save and load softcams + config files + skins + channel list using FTP (filezilla) which I have not used todate, from the build I have now to the new Vix 4 build. Their are 2 reasons why I want to upgrade, 1 being Build 4 I believe is self updating amongst others and 2 I would like to install Wookie/kodi. I believe the latter has to be installed on the internal 500gb h/d after upgrading to Vix build 4.
ie download kodi, install wookie add and run it.
I would appreciate any advice, help/links with the above and any tutorials on using FTP. I do know I have to become a client of my host box and have the necessary info to connect using Filezilla.
Thanks in anticipation.

Andy_Hazza
24-07-16, 08:29
The Vu+ Solo2 SE is a clone receiver and no support will be given, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
24-07-16, 08:34
Hi support
I want to upgrade my Vu+Solo2 SE to the latest Vix 4 build. I don't have a problem with this, as I have used Backup Manager & Image Manager, before any new flash for safety. Before I do this I believe I need to reintroduce need/save and load softcams + config files + skins + channel list using FTP (filezilla) which I have not used todate, from the build I have now to the new Vix 4 build. Their are 2 reasons why I want to upgrade, 1 being Build 4 I believe is self updating amongst others and 2 I would like to install Wookie/kodi. I believe the latter has to be installed on the internal 500gb h/d after upgrading to Vix build 4.
ie download kodi, install wookie add and run it.
I would appreciate any advice, help/links with the above and any tutorials on using FTP. I do know I have to become a client of my host box and have the necessary info to connect using Filezilla.
Thanks in anticipation.

A lot may have changed since I was here last but ViX has never had the ability to self update. It has always required a human being to press the update button even if pretty much every thing else is managed by the image it self, the decision to update / upgrade the actual image has always been left to the end user to decide upon.

abu baniaz
24-07-16, 10:14
Can you clarify which of following receivers you have? Maybe upload a picture.

Solo SE v2
Solo 2 SE

largeportion
24-07-16, 13:11
Hi
Apologies should have written Vu+Solo2 V3 not SE. It is definitely the genuine article

ronand
24-07-16, 13:15
Dont be fooling yourself- thats definitely a clone

Larry-G
24-07-16, 13:15
Hi
Apologies should have written Vu+Solo2 V3 not SE. It is definitely the genuine article

Sorry to say but theres no such thing a a genuine Solo2 V3. Even just the whiff of a Version number in the name suggests this receiver a counterfeit.

largeportion
24-07-16, 13:17
What I should have said has the option to update as you say if required by the end user without a re flash I believe, correct me please if mistaken

Andy_Hazza
24-07-16, 13:19
You have a clone so we can't offer support for you. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

largeportion
24-07-16, 13:23
Sorry to say but theres no such thing a a genuine Solo2 V3. Even just the whiff of a Version number in the name suggests this receiver a counterfeit.

On the genuine box it's just Vu+Solo2 the adding of V3 is me adding the version of the Vix Build installed. Apologies for any confusion

Larry-G
24-07-16, 13:23
What I should have said has the option to update as you say if required by the end user without a re flash I believe, correct me please if mistaken

Yes thats correct, there are plenty of tutorials on the forum dealing with FTP and backing up various settings etc. If your receiver is genuine, go for it, you have nothing to loose in the update. If it's counterfeit you can still upgrade but you take the risk of loss of data etc in your own hands.

largeportion
24-07-16, 13:29
I have checked on arrival of things to look for if suspected clone, manufacture difference etc, and all checked out with it being genuine. It was also purchased from a reputable company which I cant relay on here.

Larry-G
24-07-16, 13:32
If your migrating from ViX 3.xx to ViX 4.xx then your best off just doing a total reflash. You can get every thing you need from the image feeds once its flashed including softcams. All you need to backup are the config files and any timers you have setup.

I'll leave the legitimacy of the receiver in your hands, thats something Im not getting any further involved in.

largeportion
24-07-16, 13:41
Thanks for your reply, most of the many tutorials I've found have been just install Client & Server tutorial to connect, and not how to copy files to a folder to reintroduce to the new build when ready. I am wary a bit of using the Linux root system as all new to me.

bellejt
24-07-16, 14:20
just make a full image backup and save it where ou can use it later (PC).Then do a full flash and see what happens.If working you have genuine box ,if not it is clone.Then you can always put back the last image.

largeportion
24-07-16, 16:24
Many thanks all for your reply's. I will have a go, step by step. Already done a backup image both on the HD and to USB and will transfer that to PC. My next step will be to download Filezilla Client and connect to Vu host. Then to copy, save and be able to recall where they were copied from and return to new build 4 when installed. Then to download Vix 4 build and flash from USB. That done to replace saved files via FTP and reboot. Forgive blow by blow account, it's an (74) age thing, just probing for help and procedure advise.
Thanks again, appreciated.

Larry-G
24-07-16, 16:30
Easiest way is to open your backup file with something like 7-zip (the backup file created by the backup manager not the full image backup created by the image manager). This way you can look through the backup and take out any files you need while familiarising your self with the root structure for when you go to send them back to the image.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

largeportion
25-07-16, 21:10
Easiest way is to open your backup file with something like 7-zip (the backup file created by the backup manager not the full image backup created by the image manager). This way you can look through the backup and take out any files you need while familiarising your self with the root structure for when you go to send them back to the image.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Made my Filezlla connection first time. Done as you suggest and opened a copy of my latest backup ending .tar.gz
Found there are 3 folders
etc
tmp
use
Is there everything in these I need with regards putting/replacing in the new Vix build 4.. when installed?

Larry-G
25-07-16, 22:03
Yeah that's pretty much it although I would still go through and only keep the timers.xml, autotimers.xml and any cam configuration files. Every thing else should be a fresh setup so as not to introduce possible instabilities into the image.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

largeportion
25-07-16, 22:48
Yeah that's pretty much it although I would still go through and only keep the timers.xml, autotimers.xml and any cam configuration files. Every thing else should be a fresh setup so as not to introduce possible instabilities into the image.

Thanks, will they include skins. Epg settings and plugins I use at present, basically all configuration

Larry-G
25-07-16, 22:51
No like I said you want a full fresh install otherwise you could end up breaking part of the image in a yet unknown way. Just keep the vital config files and re-install every thing else either from the images own plugin feeds or via .ipk files manually.

largeportion
25-07-16, 23:51
Sorry for having to ask .ipk is that internet package files, could you clarify please, how will I recognise them?

largeportion
26-07-16, 02:58
Sorry for having to ask .ipk is that internet package files, could you clarify please, how will I recognise them?

Just to say at this time. I am running build ver 3.2.036. Looking at the available downloads in image manager they range from
4.1.001 through to 4.1.016.release-vusolo2_usb.zip
Should I install the latter having the build I have now?
Thanks in advance

Larry-G
26-07-16, 03:23
A .ipk file is basically a installer file for your receiver kind of like a windows .exe file as for the image yes try the very latest image first, just make sure you make a full image backup of your current setup first just to be on the safe side.

Mavarick
26-07-16, 22:28
Gold waffers have a small program that allows you to save then reinstall nearly all those settings

Larry-G
26-07-16, 22:50
Why use a third party piece of software full of adverts when you can do it your self in seconds ?.