PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD-X1] No data on transponder (Timeout reading PAT)

dodgydrains
23-07-16, 13:24
Hi,

I purchased the HD X1 recently and have been getting the following error regularly 'No data on transponder (Timeout reading PAT)'. This is with the latest release 4.1.016.

Turning the box on and off at the back seems to fix this for a while, but the error comes back.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

trevsat
26-07-16, 01:15
Last stable release for me, and for you, I guess is v3.2 build 003. Go higher just one version and the timebomb is present.

judge
26-07-16, 02:51
Go higher just one version and the timebomb is present.

what timebomb?

mike1961
26-07-16, 19:43
A few of us gigabyte users have had the same issue ... With various images post 3.2.003. Try an earlier image and see if it sorts it.

dodgydrains
28-07-16, 20:42
Last stable release for me, and for you, I guess is v3.2 build 003. Go higher just one version and the timebomb is present.

Thanks for your reply, I will give v3.2 build 003 a try.

trevsat
29-07-16, 04:03
changing to any channel results in the message " No data on transponder (Timeout reading PAT)" - it can start within a couple of hours, or tease you with faultless service for longer, but the next day it's back, and you find your recordings in the meantime are blank.

3.2 003 is fairly stable - once or so a month it won't wakeup (I don't put it in deep standby) and needs power cycling.

Larry-G
29-07-16, 10:32
changing to any channel results in the message " No data on transponder (Timeout reading PAT)" - it can start within a couple of hours, or tease you with faultless service for longer, but the next day it's back, and you find your recordings in the meantime are blank.

3.2 003 is fairly stable - once or so a month it won't wakeup (I don't put it in deep standby) and needs power cycling.
Pick your words more carefully next time.

A time bomb in this instance would be something maliciously put into the image to disable receivers such as clones.

That is not the case here, more than likely a driver or kernel issue with newer images and certainly nothing malicious.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dodgydrains
30-07-16, 13:18
A few of us gigabyte users have had the same issue ... With various images post 3.2.003. Try an earlier image and see if it sorts it.

I returned the box for a refund and bought the Edision OS mini. This is working without any issues running latest Openvix image.

duffbeer
09-08-16, 00:30
Having the same issue with the gigablue x3! Do you k ow where I can download open vix 3.2.003 from as can't seem to find it????

trevsat
27-08-16, 18:07
X3 must be quite new and seems to have not existed at the time of those older releases.

Not ideal but you could try a non-vix image: hdfreaks http://images.hdfreaks.cc/
http://images.hdfreaks.cc/gbx3/

I'm considering it for my quadplus

trevsat
06-10-16, 02:00
Tried latest versions of openpli, hdf, and a couple of others - all suffer PAT timeout too.

trevsat
18-10-16, 14:06
Tried latest versions of openpli, hdf, and a couple of others - all suffer PAT timeout too.

Tried 1511 bootloader, makes no difference.

Last reliable release for quad plus is 3.2.009

How can us Gigablue owners get some traction on this?

Thanks!

seame
13-12-16, 19:38
I've been having the same issue for a while now using a gb quad on 4.2 008. I've noticed it happen a lot when I flick between the fta hd bouquets and subscription channels.

Joe_90
14-12-16, 01:20
I've been convinced that this problem has something to do with CAM handling for some time. I personally dropped SKY subscription back in June, so don't use a card in the box. I uninstalled cccam and have left it like that. I haven't seen the "timeout reading PAT" error since on my Quad Plus. Currently running 4.2.021. The only continuing issue for me is a crash when I press the STOP key during timeshift. Only happens in permanent timeshift, though. Other than than that the box is rock solid.

judge
14-12-16, 02:06
I've been convinced that this problem has something to do with CAM handling for some time. I personally dropped SKY subscription back in June, so don't use a card in the box. I uninstalled cccam and have left it like that. I haven't seen the "timeout reading PAT" error since on my Quad Plus. Currently running 4.2.021. The only continuing issue for me is a crash when I press the STOP key during timeshift. Only happens in permanent timeshift, though. Other than than that the box is rock solid.

Doubtful it's a cam issue.
Line of sight, tree branch, rain, cobwebs on the LNB maybe?

Joe_90
14-12-16, 10:38
Not an actual signal issue, judge. It used to happen randomly while zapping through the channel list, with all channels at 90+%. Possibly some weird interaction between cam and driver on GB QUad. I haven't experienced it once since dropping cccam loading back in July.

seame
02-02-17, 15:19
I've been testing this a bit this afternoon and I've found if I zap to a channel I don't have (cinestar premiere 1) CCcam stops and can't restart itself and if left on that channel long enough I get the "no data on transponder" error. Hope this can shed a bit of light on the situation

Joe_90
03-02-17, 15:32
I definitely do not have this issue since dropping my SKY sub and stoped using the card and CCcam in the middle of last year. I've stuck with FTA and just don't have the problem any more.