PDA

View Full Version : Can't record when watching another program

mike_6480
23-07-16, 09:27
My Vu+ Duo has stopped allowing us to record when watching another program i.e. it will change to the channel that it recording.

I had the tuners set up as:

Tuner A
Configuration mode: simple
Mode: Single
Satellite: Astra 28.2E
Send DiSEqC: no

Tuner B
Configuration mode: equal to
Tuner: Tuner A

I've now tried setting them both to the following:

I've updated to latest firmware.
If I put either satellite cable in tuner A it works. Therefore I don't think its a problem with cables, dish etc. If I try the same in tuner B then neither cable works.

Therefore my current thinking is that tuner B has broken. I don't think the tuners are replaceable on a VU+ duo so I think my only option is buying a new box?

Does anyone have any other suggestions either on (a) what the problem could be, or (b) how to fix it other than getting a new box?

Andy_Hazza
23-07-16, 10:24
Have you tried disabling Tuner A n trying both cables in Tuner B just to confirm or rule out things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roetsy
23-07-16, 10:26
Hi all

I have the same issue since I updated to the latest

Please help.

My Vu+ Duo has stopped allowing us to record when watching another program i.e. it will change to the channel that it recording.

I had the tuners set up as:

Tuner A

Tuner B
Configuration mode: equal to
Tuner: Tuner A

I've now tried setting them both to the following:

I've updated to latest firmware.
If I put either satellite cable in tuner A it works. Therefore I don't think its a problem with cables, dish etc. If I try the same in tuner B then neither cable works.

Therefore my current thinking is that tuner B has broken. I don't think the tuners are replaceable on a VU+ duo so I think my only option is buying a new box?

Does anyone have any other suggestions either on (a) what the problem could be, or (b) how to fix it other than getting a new box?

mike_6480
23-07-16, 10:31
Hi all

I have the same issue since I updated to the latest

Please help.

I had the same issue with previous as well. Has seemed to be intermittent for a few weeks. Updated to latest to check it wasn't the problem due to old image but still an issue

mike_6480
23-07-16, 10:39
Have you tried disabling Tuner A n trying both cables in Tuner B just to confirm or rule out things?

Just tried it now. Both cable work in tuner B if I have tuner B configured but don't have tuner A configured. This suggests that both tuners work but for some reason not at the same time?

bellejt
23-07-16, 10:53
for multirecording always set both tuner fully up.Do not use the same as.

mike_6480
23-07-16, 10:57
for multirecording always set both tuner fully up.Do not use the same as.
Its worked like this for 2 and a bit years and just stopped working.

It I set both tuner A and B as follows, then only tuner A works. However if I turn tuner A off. Then tuner B works.

Tuner A

Tuner B

Not sure whether to try a different image, to see if its a Vix issue?

Andy_Hazza
23-07-16, 10:58
Try Advanced, 28.2 and LNB1 on both Tuner A & B please.

mike_6480
23-07-16, 11:10
Try Advanced, 28.2 and LNB1 on both Tuner A & B please.

Just tried that. It does the same i.e. both cables work on tuner A but not B. If I then disable tuner A, both cables will work on tuner B

bellejt
23-07-16, 11:15
how did you set your recording prefences for tuners ?

mike_6480
23-07-16, 11:17
how did you set your recording prefences for tuners ?

Not sure to be honest. Where do I check? Although both tuners won't work at the same time, so surely I need to fix that issue first?

bellejt
23-07-16, 11:24
setup - system - customize - preferred

mike_6480
23-07-16, 11:30
setup - system - customize - preferred
It is set up as:
Preferred tuner: Auto
Preferred tuner for recordings: Disabled

bellejt
23-07-16, 11:33
maybe set tuner A and recording on B or both auto.I have tuners in duo and set them as A and D.The box automaticaly records on a free tuner but first takes D for recordings.

mike_6480
23-07-16, 11:50
maybe set tuner A and recording on B or both auto.I have tuners in duo and set them as A and D.The box automaticaly records on a free tuner but first takes D for recordings.

I've set tuner A as preference to watch and tuner B as preference for recording.
Seems to have possibly worked. is currently letting me record and watch another channel.

Interestingly I have had a couple of instances in the past few weeks where the recordings have worked when watching TV so I thought it was an intermitant problem.

Will try it like this and see if it continues to work, but so far so good, so thanks for your help!

bellejt
23-07-16, 12:04
probably the recordings who where working where channels on the same transponder.Glad it works now.
Could be a solution to the other topicresponders

mike_6480
23-07-16, 12:31
probably the recordings who where working where channels on the same transponder.Glad it works now.
Could be a solution to the other topicresponders

Possibly. It was sky sports and sky arts.

bellejt
23-07-16, 13:02
same transponder probably 12110 :)

mike_6480
24-07-16, 20:42
same transponder probably 12110 :)
Problem has reoccured this evening. Watching sky sports 1 and tried to record BBC2 HD. It turned over to BBC2 HD as no free tuner.

As I stated yesterday for some reason it seems to be an intermittent issue that seems to fix for a very brief amount of time then comes back again.

Last time I got it working again was when I upgraded the firmware. It did a similar thing then ie worked for a day or two but then again stopped working.

Any other thoughts?

bellejt
24-07-16, 21:10
try the same without connection to internet.

mike_6480
24-07-16, 22:03
try the same without connection to internet.

Does exactly the same thing if not connected to the internet

mike_6480
24-07-16, 22:56
I remembered that I added a swap file as I saw it recommended on a different thread on here. I've just deleted that and turned the swap file option off and it seems to be working ok again.

Fingers crossed it stays like that!

mike_6480
26-07-16, 20:50
And the intermittent problem has re-occurred again this evening. It's so frustrating. Can anyone help?