PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Robinsonrobbo
22-07-16, 18:59
Hi all I'm a complete newbie to this ,my pal gave me a zgemma box and it does a job but I was wanting to up grade ,I have a Uhd Sony TV and was looking at some of the Uhd receivers.

I was looking at the Vu solo plus 4k but was after some advice on install and backup etc,

All advice appreciated.

Thanks Chris

obo110x
22-07-16, 19:07
Firstly unplug the zgemma and throw it in the bin. Secondly if you scroll down the forum there is a whole section devoted to Vu+ receivers and sub section for Solo 4K.
Also there are some new 4K boxes due on the market, if memory serves from xtrend and Gigablue. These are expected to be cheaper than the Solo 4K. Can't say for sure but they may be easier for a complete newbie to set up!

john doe
22-07-16, 19:11
theres no UHD channels at moment so a bit pointless buying, with that said you will be getting a box that is faster and ready for any UHD that may come out, although I would not hiold your breath. you can get other channels from foreign receivers and are broadcasted at 4K

Robinsonrobbo
22-07-16, 19:59
Thanks for the replies. I currently run 2 cables from my sky dish? I'll have a look at the other receivers as well. Also is it worth getting a motorised dish? Watch a lot of tv and 3 kids so always on! .

DaMacFunkin
22-07-16, 20:07
theres no UHD channels at moment so a bit pointless buying, with that said you will be getting a box that is faster and ready for any UHD that may come out, although I would not hiold your breath. you can get other channels from foreign receivers and are broadcasted at 4K

So which is it? There are no UHD channels or you can get foreign UHD channels?
I watched quite a lot of euro 2016 in 4k, as well as the champions league final and someone i know watched Roland Garos in 4k.

Andy_Hazza
22-07-16, 20:07
Thanks for the replies. I currently run 2 cables from my sky dish and pay for a line as well which sticks a lot, is this down to the box itself or the line supplier? I'll have a look at the other receivers as well. Also is it worth getting a motorised dish? Watch a lot of tv and 3 kids so always on! .

Tut Tut. Did you not read the forum rules when you signed up to this forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinsonrobbo
22-07-16, 20:15
Oops just have.edited.

livvy0
23-07-16, 12:47
where can i buy tm-twin-0e power supply thanks

john doe
23-07-16, 13:34
So which is it? There are no UHD channels or you can get foreign UHD channels?
I watched quite a lot of euro 2016 in 4k, as well as the champions league final and someone i know watched Roland Garos in 4k.

UHD on foreign channels and there's a few out there. yes, you can watch euro etc on UHD, but if you are looking to watch UHD, like sports channels or movies then not yet in UK. but on other foreign channels there is a few that are UHD movies, sports etc.

my opinion, its is not worth buying until UHD channels are out, and even then we may not be able to watch in full broadcasted UHD on Linux receivers. on the other hand if you are getting a faster, powerful receiver. Am defo buying a 4k box, but all depends on the price. am happy with my solo2 for time being

Robinsonrobbo
23-07-16, 20:04
Thanks for the replies johndoe and damacfunkin,I'm gonna wait till other manufacturers bring there's out and look then in the mean time I'll limp along with this one. Does anyone know of someone in the north east England who sorts these things out and motorised dishes?

Andy_Hazza
24-07-16, 06:54
You seriously need to put a sledgehammer through the Zgemma shite cos you won't get any support on here with that one, sorry.

Rob van der Does
24-07-16, 07:14
You seriously need to put a sledgehammer through the Zgemma shite cos you won't get any support on here with that one, sorry.
Not sure about that: there are quite a number of people using Zgemma's, and they may help out.
And besides: Zgemma seems to have left the clone-scene a while ago: even Pli supports them now (and they surely won't if Zgemma wouldn't have a certain level of quality).

Andy_Hazza
24-07-16, 07:19
We don't offer support here Rob regardless what PLi do. They are cheap and nasty boxes that say OpenViX offer support which we don't and will never support. They use a hacked version to operate on them shiteness and anyone wanting support on this forum will be told so. Sorry but that's how it is on my part n my stance will never change.

Sicilian
24-07-16, 07:46
Zgemma or any of their oem clone variants will never be supported here period.

Rob van der Does
24-07-16, 09:11
Zgemma doesn't (only) build clones; they have their own boxes as well. And as this is the 'general' thread, there may be other users who can help.

Larry-G
24-07-16, 09:45
Zgemma doesn't (only) build clones; they have their own boxes as well. And as this is the 'general' thread, there may be other users who can help.

Their so called "own" boxes just magically appeared one day when they supposedly decided to stop building clones. They are cheap garbage built with no safety checks and carry absolutely no warranty what so ever. Plus the only way to get hold of them is via dropship directly from the "manufacturer" and I use that term very loosely or one of the many scum bag ebay sellers doing the rounds.