PDA

View Full Version : Is movie cover/info possible on LCD Duo2?

grantdavey91
22-07-16, 18:26
Hi, All.

I have been playing around with some settings on lcd4linux around the design on my duo2.

I have it how I want it for normal tv viewing, screen 1 as full mk picon and screen 2 as programme info, clock, tuner, small picon and background image

For media/hdd and movies, all I get is a black background with some white text that just says 'name of movie.m4v' in the middle.

I was playing around with how I can make this better on lcd4linux settings through openwebif, I have improved it a little; however

I am wondering if it's possible to display a movie backdrop or poster of the current movie playing, and then on lcd2 or screen 2, the name of the movie, progress bar, info etc..

I have designed what I want it to look like :

So I want the movie cover to display basically.

I know how to do the rest anyway, but just so it shows above what I have in mind.

I did notice on the lcd4linux settings that there is 'show cover' option, I did enable this but it didn't do nothing other than show a red screen.

There is also other settings like API keys etc but I have no idea how this works or how it is set up

I have quite a few movies and tv shows on my external drive that I am using on my duo 2 and just seeing if it's a possibility to have the look of the above picture when playing back those movies, or similar to the picture so it shows the movie cover at least.

I have read other posts about this being possible but I haven't found anything around how I go about making this possible.

Any help is appreciated,, many thanks in advance

grantdavey91
31-07-16, 15:45
Anybody know if this is possible? or something similar?

Rob van der Does
01-08-16, 02:44
The DUO2 has a VFD (governed by a skin via 'frontpanel display') and an LCD (that is governed by L4L). To prevent misunderstandings I changed the title of the thread from "Is movie cover/info possible on VFD LCD Duo2?" to "Is movie cover/info possible on LCD Duo2?".

When you go to the web-IF --> L4L --> Media you see the 'show cover' thick box. Did you try that?

Trial
01-08-16, 07:43
Hi,
DUO2 uses LCD4Linux for the LCD and there is an option to download and display cover which must be enabled. The success might depend on the filename. Try for a test a simple file like terminator.mkv which must not contain Terminator it is only for the cover test.

ciao

grantdavey91
01-08-16, 17:10
Hi,
DUO2 uses LCD4Linux for the LCD and there is an option to download and display cover which must be enabled. The success might depend on the filename. Try for a test a simple file like terminator.mkv which must not contain Terminator it is only for the cover test.

ciao

hi, thanks for your reply; i already tried this; my first 5 movies at the top of the list in the hdd were 13 going on 30, 101 dalmatians, 102 dalmatians, 300 and avatar

i made the 5 different png files and named them exactly the same as the movie file e.g 13 going on 30 is named 13 going on 30.m4v on hdd, i named the png to 13 going on 30.m4v.png and placed in the movie folder

i then placed the other 4 png files naming them exactly the same as the movie file

next i went into lcd4linux and chose 'show cover' and put in the search path location the exact location of the movies & covers.

it worked first of all for 13 going on 30, but then i chose 101 dalmatians but this also displayed the cover for 13 going on 30; tried the other 3 also, and was the same result

it seems to be the search path location is just picking up the very first png file for no matter what movie i play :/