PDA

View Full Version : Power and Chron Timers

Hmmnd
19-07-16, 19:13
Hi, I have just upgraded to latest image and I have to say its brilliant.

I have been trying to find out about the chron and power timer usage as there appears to be nothing in the vix manual!

The reason being some mornings the vu duo box is unresponsive and I have to switch off at rear and restart to get it working again and thought these timers may have something to do with it.

Andy_Hazza
19-07-16, 19:21
Hi, I have just upgraded to latest image and I have to say its brilliant.

I have been trying to find out about the chron and power timer usage as there appears to be nothing in the vix manual!

The reason being some mornings the vu duo box is unresponsive and I have to switch off at rear and restart to get it working again and thought these timers may have something to do with it.

Have you enabled a swap file on your Vu+ Duo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmnd
19-07-16, 19:27
Not to my knowledge !
I am not an expert user and am not familiar with 'swap files'

Andy_Hazza
19-07-16, 19:33
Not to my knowledge !
I am not an expert user and am not familiar with 'swap files'

Its essential you have a swap file on your Vu+ Duo, thats the reason your receiver is struggling in the morning, I'm 99.9% certain of that. Please do the following;
Blue button > ViX > Swap manager. In Swap manager press the blue button, highlight and select your HDD, then go with the 256Mb option. After a few the Swap file will have been created. Then yellow button to Autostart and then the green button to Activate. Then exit out back to your tv. Thats it all done and your morning issues should now be resolved.
Let us know how you get on. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmnd
19-07-16, 20:16
Thanks I have done that and will report back if all goes well.
Cheers

Hmmnd
22-07-16, 13:53
Seems to have solved the problem as has not occured again.
Many thanks for you prompt help.