PDA

View Full Version : Simple streaming VU+ to PC

Monty
12-05-10, 11:15
I have always streamed my DM600 to my PC, and now that I have the VU+ Duo, the streaming is silky smooth.
I never have used the "Web TV" button on the web interface. I simply bring up the interface in my browser.
192.168.0.1 is the IP of my box.
Select the current active bouquet, and the current channel shows with a link for EPG and stream.
Click on the stream link, and open the .m3u with VLC and off it goes :)

I should add that depending on your tuner/transponder setup, you can change and view other channels on the TV while streaming the original channel to you PC.
It is also possible to record the stream on the PC with the VLC record button.

pooface
18-06-10, 10:23
For streaming outside of the local LAN, try this. Taken from another forum and adapted by me:

Dreambox streaming to internet,it was never easy like this.

Streaming dreambox channels to internet in 12 steps:

1-Install the programmes from the links below.
2-Install the VideoLan programme to the computer you want to stream to
3-Create and update dynamic dns address.
4-Open and forward the port to your WebIf on the vu duo (I personally changed the from port 80)
5-Open and forward port 1234 to your computer IP.
6-Open and forward port 5678 to your computer IP.
7-Fill the options for the tunisiasat program (such as the model of dreambox - I choose the dm8000 for my vu duo, the dns address you are using etc)
8-Choose advanced in the upload speed profile section
9-Change settings to mmsh in the access mode, Encapsulation as mp4, codec as h264, bitrate as 512, scale as 0.75, audio codec as mp4a, bitrate 64, channel 2.0, width 320, height 180, fps 25, sample rate as 44100. Save and Apply
10-Choose the channel from the bouquets shown on the left
11- Hit start streaming from the program.
12-Take the appearing internet address and use it with vlc player on your computer that you're streaming to at work or wherever

Tunisiasat dreambox player and webstreamer 6.0.1
http://www.4shared.com/file/244900782/8e810e16/Tunisiasat_dreambox_player_and.html - Install on server pc local to the vu duo/dreambox. I had problems with the 6.0.4, as this is a portable version, and I couldn't get it to load, so recommending this version...

Tunisiasat dreambox web receiver5.02
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjmmioe3y5t - This softare installed in remote pc to control the streamer porgam and indirectly dreambox
VideoLAN 1.0.5
http://www.videolan.org/mirror-geo.php?file=vlc/1.0.5/win32/vlc-1.0.5-win32.exe - Install on both server pc, and on remote pc

One tip with the above, is the instead of using mms://your.domain.com:1234, use mmsh://your.domain.com:1234 in vlc. This helps to show the loading straight away.

Another thing is, that you might have to alter your settings to the above dependent on your bandwidth. The h264 is the best way I've found of streaming in highest quality, but only vlc player will load the stream for some reason...

aix
30-07-10, 09:36
This is superb when it works.

Unfortunately, the streaming has been a bit temperamental for me lately. When I click on the streaming link in the Web GUI, VLC pops up. However, more often then not nothing happens (i.e. no streaming and no error message or any other indication of what's gone wrong). Sometimes it would stream the channel just fine.

I can view the same channels on the TV connected to the DUO no problem.

The PC is ageing but still amply specced for this (quad-core, 4GB of RAM, nVidia 8800, gigabit Ethernet). Running Vista and the latest official VLC. There are two unmanaged gigabit Ethernet switches between the DUO and the PC (a Netgear and a US Robotics); other types of traffic flow via the same route with no apparent problems. I can see the Web frontend in my browser with no issues whatsoever.

The DUO is running Dream Elite.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

sivhead
30-07-10, 20:28
I would uninstall vlc player reboot and re-install vls player be sure to select the addin for firefox and try again. If that still fails start looking at uninstalling codecs/

notanotherone
30-07-10, 20:34
tbh im the same as aix,ive never been able to get this to work well ,or even in some case not at all, i mean rite now the mrs is watching coronation street ,i click on it and it starts and shows me ip addy and it comes on but after about 40 secs i lose it all together

sivhead
30-07-10, 20:57
Are you using the Pli image I cant say I have tested a lot of VU images streaming but when I had a dreambox I tried over 10 different images and streaming would not work on any of them or when it did it was hit and miss. Until I used PLi so try pli for streaming and see how you get on

pooface
30-07-10, 21:24
added a guide I wrote a while back to this thread taken from a different thread... Should hopefully help if having problems internally or want to stream externally ;)

Alan Pee
10-08-10, 00:02
I simply followed the guide from Monty up there and I got it to work, streaming very clearly to PC with VLC and PLI image but no sound. I have tried a few things but none of them helped get the sound to work.

BadKarma
10-08-10, 08:18
Using the VTI image here, I tried this for the first time and it worked without any problems. I did have to press play on VLC as it's paused initially.

This would be perfect if selecting the streaming channel did not have to be output to the TV connected to the VU+ Duo. Small annoyance considering we can now watch 2 different channels at the same time.

Cheers

BadKarma
10-08-10, 15:43
Actually my bad guys - You can watch another channel without first selecting it!

Woo Hoo this is just brilliant.

Using the VTI image here, I tried this for the first time and it worked without any problems. I did have to press play on VLC as it's paused initially.

This would be perfect if selecting the streaming channel did not have to be output to the TV connected to the VU+ Duo. Small annoyance considering we can now watch 2 different channels at the same time.

Cheers

mo.p
10-08-10, 21:49
hi guys can u watch hd chanls as well plz let me know if any one can cheers
in advance

Monty
10-08-10, 22:01
hi guys can u watch hd chanls as well plz let me know if any one can cheers
in advance

Yes mo.p, HD channels too if your network connection can handle it.

Alan Pee
10-08-10, 22:47
I get Hd channels but it freezes every 10 secs. Is this due to my network or internet speed? anyway to sort it.

basilyoung
10-08-10, 23:11
cant remember how to offhand...but set up a "cashe" @ say 5 seconds

baz

torreslegend
18-08-10, 23:48
Using this*http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?525-Simple-streaming-VU-to-PC

for some reason I wasn't able to play the file from outside my LAN. *VLC couldn't open the file but i noticed it was trying to use port 8001 which got me thinking.

I am now able to watch my VU Duo at work and change channels via a much simpler method! *All you need is VLC on your work pc.

Set up your dyndns as per the guide on page one of the guide above.
Port forward on your router port 80 (or whatever you fancy) to your VU Duo IP. (provided you have 80 set up on the box)
When you go to your dyndns address now at work for example, you will automatically be directed to the WEBIF.

In your router forward port 8001 to your VU+ IP.

I advise going into the WEBIF on the box and setting http to authenticate. *Also change your box password in telnet for extra security.

Now when you log onto your address, you will be prompted for your box username and password and you can start watching any channel you want!

No extra software required and really easy! *I think I just got lucky.

I'm using DE BH 1.3.3F.

aix
19-08-10, 07:30
Now when you log onto your address, you will be prompted for your box username and password and you can start watching any channel you want!

Thanks for sharing this. Out of interest, what's the uplink speed of your internet connection at home (which is where I assume the Duo is located)? How is the quality of the streaming? Are you able to stream HD channels?

Alan Pee
19-08-10, 08:34
Actually my bad guys - You can watch another channel without first selecting it!

Woo Hoo this is just brilliant.

I can't watch another channel on PC apart from the same channel thats showing on the Vu+. I am using PLI Image. If I select the channel on Vu+ first, start streaming to PC and then go back to change it to another channel on Vu+, the channel showing on PC still shows but all other channels on Vu+ go grey and if I try to select another channel on Vu+ it says not SID, Tunner error. Is it possible to select another channel on PC apart from the one showing on Vu+ with PLI? If so how is this done.

grtmoby
19-08-10, 10:18
Alan, is only one tuner or both tuners are connected to ur box.

if only one, is the second tuner configured as loopthrough or u selected "not connected"

if it is only one then the second channel u'll be allowed to watch will be limited as per the first selected. if u go through the channel list, u shall find not all channels are greyed out but still some are in white and so u can select.

to fully eliminate this and to see two channels independently u need to have both tuners connected if not already.

torreslegend
19-08-10, 10:27
Using this*http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?525-Simple-streaming-VU-to-PC

for some reason I wasn't able to play the file from outside my LAN. *VLC couldn't open the file but i noticed it was trying to use port 8001 which got me thinking.

I am now able to watch my VU Duo at work and change channels via a much simpler method! *All you need is VLC on your work pc.

Set up your dyndns as per the guide on page one of the guide above.
Port forward on your router port 80 (or whatever you fancy) to your VU Duo IP. (provided you have 80 set up on the box)
When you go to your dyndns address now at work for example, you will automatically be directed to the WEBIF.

In your router forward port 8001 to your VU+ IP.

I advise going into the WEBIF on the box and setting http to authenticate. *Also change your box password in telnet for extra security.

No extra software required and really easy! *I think I just got lucky. (SEE EDIT BELOW!) :(

I'm using DE BH 1.3.3F.

Ok its not quite working the way I thought it would, back to the drawing board this evening. It still lets you see your WEBIf and send recordings and stuff to the box, so maybe combined with the earlier post you have total control over tv channels from outside your LAN.

Alan Pee
19-08-10, 11:27
Alan, is only one tuner or both tuners are connected to ur box.

if only one, is the second tuner configured as loopthrough or u selected "not connected"

if it is only one then the second channel u'll be allowed to watch will be limited as per the first selected. if u go through the channel list, u shall find not all channels are greyed out but still some are in white and so u can select.

to fully eliminate this and to see two channels independently u need to have both tuners connected if not already.

Its only one tuner thats connected the second one is "not connected". I have Tuner A setup as simple and positioner because I use just a single motorised dish with USALS. And yes not all the channels go grey some are white but very few. Are you saying if I change the second tuner to "loop through" then I can select any channel from PC? And if I do that will my USALS settings still work correctly on tuner A?

grtmoby
19-08-10, 14:02
if u set it to loop through it will be giving a little bit more options but still u r limited to the polarity then the frequency operating range. thus, not any channel can be selected from PC and yeah ur USALS settings shall be working correctly

if u want the best then get a dual lnb and so two cables will get connected to the vu. if u liked the idea i had a look at our sponsor and he is offering the inverto dual lnb with is a great choice (i am using it t:D ). this can be found here (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/LNB/Inverto-Black-Premium-Twin-Output-LNB)

Alan Pee
19-08-10, 14:34
By dual lnb do you mean twin lnb? I have a quad lnb but I am only using one cable at the moment. If I have to run another cable from the lnb for purpose of this streaming how do I configure tuner b for this to work well in terms of selecting seperate channels from PC and box.

grtmoby
19-08-10, 14:42
well since it is the same lnb then configure tuner b as "equal to" and this should do the trick.

just for confirmation, is ur lnb a quad or quattro lnb (both has 4 connectors but different in operation)

Sicilian
19-08-10, 16:13
I can't watch another channel on PC apart from the same channel thats showing on the Vu+. I am using PLI Image. If I select the channel on Vu+ first, start streaming to PC and then go back to change it to another channel on Vu+, the channel showing on PC still shows but all other channels on Vu+ go grey and if I try to select another channel on Vu+ it says not SID, Tunner error. Is it possible to select another channel on PC apart from the one showing on Vu+ with PLI? If so how is this done.

If you've only got one feed connected you will only be able to watch channels on the TV & PC that are on the same transponder.

Alan Pee
19-08-10, 18:47
Thanks for your help so far but What can I do to watch seperate channels then. The lnb is a quad not a quattro.

grtmoby
19-08-10, 18:54
connect another feed line to tuner b, unleash the duo power and enjoy it m8

Alan Pee
19-08-10, 19:45
Ok thanks will do that this weekend and see how it goes.

Alan Pee
03-09-10, 22:43
I have just ran a second feed from my quad lnb to the vu+ duo and I am enjoying streaming to PC. I configured tuner B as ' second cable of motorised dish' and it works perfect I can now view any channel on the same satellite (not just TP) on my PC. Its amazing what this box can do for the price. Loving my vu+ duo more and more everyday. Thanks for all the help.

samad
24-09-10, 07:01
OK I got it to work.

Using Vix image.

Chrome and FF were not working.

Working well in IE.

What will the link be if I wnt to open it in VLC player? (using port 80 for http webinterface)

http://ip port???....

samad
24-09-10, 08:12
Cool got it to work in VLC too : )

jcl
08-12-10, 17:35
Hi Guys got this working and vlc opens automatically when I stream
The picture is quite poor and blocky
Is it the settings in tunisia or vlc I need to adjust
Thanks
Regards
jcl

can7
13-12-10, 18:48
this is sweet now my lad can watch whatever he wants to on his pc without bothering his poor old dad :)

guli
07-01-11, 12:26
hi mate i managed to stream internally with the settings provided by yourself from my dm500.the snag is streaming externally , i just cannot get vlc to play .it does actually ask for username & password but then nothing happens.kindly provide full details of how to setup vlc on a external machine & does the pc on the lan as the dm500 need to be switched on all the time you wish to stream externally.i have managed to log into my box externally with the tunisa sat player it shows the epg,time,channel name etc & that it is streaming but no picture.where am i going wrong?

allyb
06-07-11, 09:23
Hi,

I would like to know if its possible to use the vu+ duo via hdmi to a tv and using a tv card feed it via component to the pc? so that we can record and stream to other pcs in the house? effectively a tuner to each or would i need 2 receivers upstairs instead? I currently have a dm800 downstairs, but need one for 2 bedrooms upstairs too.

danped
07-08-11, 18:24
Hi,

I've installed VLC 1.1.4 and have got this working but the picture is blocky. I've tried the suggestion of increasing the cache to a bigger sie to ensure smooth playback, however this doesn't work because it still happens and the feed is no more than 1/2 second behind the tv feed if I put that on at the same time.

I changed the setting under Tools->preferences selected the all rasio button, then went to Input / Codecs -> Access modules -> File -> "Caching value" and "Extra network caching value" and set these both to 10,000 but it made no difference to the delay on the stream.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please? I'd really like to use this feature.

Thanks

profixit
14-08-11, 14:11
Hi all. love streaming from vu duo to my pc.
I have noticed that if your streaming HD, you need a 4 core processor, anything less will cause freezing.

andy2110
17-02-12, 16:01
my vu never lets me access the interface online for some reason even on my home network..i put in the ip of the box and naff all happens other than being told the page is not available

mcquaim
17-02-12, 16:29
Change the port to 80 in the plugin OpenWebIf (Long Blue press)

cgc5483
20-02-12, 00:16
Change the port to 80 in the plugin OpenWebIf (Long Blue press)

Haven't used this function in awhile and wasn't working until I tried the above. So now can access the Vu but when i click on Stream a blank window pops up. Do i need to install something on my PC?

sh500
26-02-12, 20:21
I have just ran a second feed from my quad lnb to the vu+ duo and I am enjoying streaming to PC. I configured tuner B as ' second cable of motorised dish' and it works perfect I can now view any channel on the same satellite (not just TP) on my PC. Its amazing what this box can do for the price. Loving my vu+ duo more and more everyday. Thanks for all the help.

I have a twin feed coming from a fixed Sky dish. Have configured the Tuner A and B identically (individually) as well setting Tuner B 'equal to' A. But still, every time I change the channel on the PC, the receiver changes too.

I also have the DreamBox Live app installed on my iPad and am able to watch separate channels (ones different transponders too) and also switch on the iPad without the channel on the receiver changing.

Is there something obvious that I am missing - a setting on the PC streaming software itself perhaps??

Thanks.

Stanman
26-02-12, 20:32
Set both to simple, single, 28.2E

XRD
15-04-12, 21:04
When I use the web interface to download rather than stream, I'm getting about 3.5MB/s downloads, so a 4GB film takes roughly 25 minutes or so... anything I am missing speedwise that I can try? This is over LAN btw.

grazeyone
15-06-12, 18:44
Just got my Vu+ Duo all set up now and love it. Very simple this is thanks to your instructions to get streaming going.

Love it, quality is well and works wonders.

Hurrst
23-12-12, 16:35
Hi Guys,

I noticed some of you were having troubles streaming and codecs were mentioned above.

Codecs were definetly my problem but i have just updated my VLC Player to the latest version: 2.0.5

and it now runs perfectly so worth a try may sort for you guys.

Regards

Hurrst

edmundz
27-12-12, 00:20
Hi Guys,

I just installen the VIX image for the fisrt time and I like it but streaming doesn't work here as it should .
I can stream a chanel only if I first zap to that chanel, if I select another chanel I get an error from VLC.
In the older webinterface with an older Pli image I could stream 5 different chanels simultaniously.
Someone know how to fix this?

thanks

Trial
27-12-12, 09:11
Hi edmundz,
do you have two separate cables for your DUO or do you use loop through?

ciao

edmundz
27-12-12, 10:21
Hi Trail,

To be honest I had the second "not configured" but now I changed that to "loop through"
After that, I ONCES could stream a different chanel then that on the TV set but only once.
Now still the same problem and the picture quality is very poor.

Edmund