Try filezilla instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deltec
18-07-16, 06:00
done that dosent work mate

Rob van der Does
18-07-16, 06:04
Filezilla is only a FTP-client.

Anyway: DCC does indeed give issues, although it should connect (does here; last and old versions). But once connected it has a huge CPU-usage and one can only close it via taskmanager.

deltec
18-07-16, 06:21
I might try an older image could recommend an older version of vix image please

Rob van der Does
18-07-16, 06:51
I would not advise an older image at all; only to use DCC :confused:

as I said: you can use DCC (I do).

bellejt
18-07-16, 07:03
DCC workung fine here on duo2 with latest vix

Andy_Hazza
18-07-16, 07:18
I only use FlashFXP.

deltec
18-07-16, 07:59
its all going thanks

tappari
18-07-16, 08:05
Dcc E2 v.1.41 works fine with ViX.

deltec
18-07-16, 08:39
I'm using the virtuoso image version hades working a treat what vix images u guys using

Andy_Hazza
18-07-16, 08:43
I'm using the virtuoso image version hades working a treat what vix images u guys using

Ouch, that is an old image. You won't get any support with that image thats for sure, including no driver updates, no ABM updates, even plugin updates. You seriously need to be on the latest image and learn Filezilla, FlashFXP etc instead of the dated DCC.

deltec
18-07-16, 08:48
I keep with this for now see how it gos were do I find the latest image from for the duo2 2

Andy_Hazza
18-07-16, 08:51
Vu+ Duo2 image can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-duo-2/
4.1.016 is the latest image to use.

deltec
18-07-16, 08:55
iv used nearly 7 difrent images the dcc connects ok but wiil not connect to the lates vix duo2 image strange

Rob van der Does
18-07-16, 08:58
Anyway: an old, not required, not maintained for years 3rs-party program surely can't be the reason to use an old image on an STB :confused:

deltec
18-07-16, 09:00
its lost me mate whats the difrense between the open appolo vix and the official vix image

abu baniaz
18-07-16, 09:14
its lost me mate whats the difrense between the open appolo vix and the official vix image

They are all official Vix images. Just changes. Best to be on latest image. Download from openvix.co.uk

deltec
18-07-16, 10:01
well just down loaded the lates vix the dcc isn't working then put a pli image on dcc working strange owell

Rob van der Does
18-07-16, 10:06
Yes, PLi uses a rather old OE. so that's not comparable at all.

Trial
18-07-16, 10:15
Hi,
I do not use DCC but which part of DCC is not working? I use ssh and ftp connection a lot with my boxes and never had a problem for years now. Have you checked if telnet, ssh or ftp are installed and running on ViX? IP correct? You can check all this in the network configuration.

ciao

deltec
18-07-16, 10:19
yes checked them all ill sort it

bellejt
18-07-16, 10:47
use DCC 1.41. That one is working fine with new image.

deltec
18-07-16, 11:03
ill give it a go is it on the forum

Rob van der Does
18-07-16, 11:59
Hi,
Have you checked if telnet, ssh or ftp are installed and running on ViX? IP correct? You can check all this in the network configuration.

Not sure how to check SSH?

use DCC 1.41. That one is working fine with new image.
Indeed; that one does work OK.

tappari
18-07-16, 12:03
http://www.bernyr.de/dcce2/dcce2_141.zip

deltec
18-07-16, 15:54
at the moment I'm uing the dcc 150 a newr version ill give the other one a go any way

Larry-G
18-07-16, 19:32
I only use FlashFXP.

Same here, had a fully paid version for 15 plus years and it has always been bulletproof.

Andy_Hazza
18-07-16, 19:36
Same here, had a fully paid version for 15 plus years and it has always been bulletproof.

Aup buddy. Hope you are keeping well mate? Yeah I bought FlashFXP a couple years ago n never looked back. You recommended it n its been rock solid n best purchase in yonks![emoji4]

Larry-G
18-07-16, 19:42
Aup buddy. Hope you are keeping well mate? Yeah I bought FlashFXP a couple years ago n never looked back. You recommended it n its been rock solid n best purchase in yonks![emoji4]

yeah it's a good piece of software, I have been using it since the modding days of the original Xbox so that shows how long ago I got it.

As for me ?, yeah I'm fine mate, ditched the drones and gotten into photography in a big way. I still pop in here regularly but my enjoyment in E2 is not what it used to be but I'm getting back into it since my account was restored to allow me to make posts here again. And I have even more shotguns now if you can believe that.

tappari
19-07-16, 08:57
Not sure how to check SSH?

Indeed; that one does work OK.
BTW Rob. I`m running Windows but not using Chrome. Otherwise your info is ok. If you cannot correct, please remove from your messages what I´m showing to world.

fevgatos
19-07-16, 09:54
at the moment I'm uing the dcc 150 a newr version ill give the other one a go any way

Hi mate , try WinSCP, is the same FileZilla and DCC,

Regads Nick

tappari
19-07-16, 10:15
Hi mate , try WinSCP, is the same FileZilla and DCC,

Regads Nick
FileZilla is not the same as Dcc. It`s just ftp. Dcc has also telnet. Very simple tool for Enigma2 boxes. Today with latest images like ViX and ATV it is better to use older version of Dcc. In practice Dcc version 1.41. It works well.

Rob van der Does
19-07-16, 10:34
BTW Rob. I`m running Windows but not using Chrome. Otherwise your info is ok. If you cannot correct, please remove from your messages what I´m showing to world.
Nothing I can do about that. And I can't see the info it shows to you either.
My own info tells me I'm using Windows & Firefox, which is correct.

Andy_Hazza
19-07-16, 10:59
Putty better for telnet. [emoji4]

Rob van der Does
19-07-16, 11:06
DCC is perfect for both Telnet & FTP (and some info as well). So as long as it works (which is the case if you use version 1.41), it's a handy toy for STB's.

twol
19-07-16, 11:50
Since I converted most of my requirements to Ubuntu with Win 10 as a secondary (but still important system) I prefer to use filezilla as it works on both systems (like Putty.)
... but regardless for me the image is the important thing not the tools, I certainly wouldn,t base my image selection based on whether a particular tool worked.

tappari
19-07-16, 13:38
Since I converted most of my requirements to Ubuntu with Win 10 as a secondary (but still important system) I prefer to use filezilla as it works on both systems (like Putty.)
... but regardless for me the image is the important thing not the tools, I certainly wouldn,t base my image selection based on whether a particular tool worked.
Did you really understand what this silly conversation is about? It is not about what image version you can operate with Dcc, but what version of Dcc you can use with existing images.And that should be older version of Dcc=1.41.

twol
19-07-16, 13:48
Did you really understand what this silly conversation is about? It is not about what image version you can operate with Dcc, but what version of Dcc you can use with existing images.And that should be older version of Dcc=1.41.

.... and Tappari if you could bother to read the start of this tread you would see that the original thread poster was talking of going back to an old image because Dcc doesn't always work ... but I guess that would be asking too much :)
It amazes me how people will stick with some old software, when there are other tools that do work out of the box ...

Larry-G
19-07-16, 17:03
It's a banner in his signature bar that automatically generates that data. It is not some thing rob does him self nor has he any control over without removing the link.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
19-07-16, 17:05
And besides: it is what you show to the world, correct or not correct :)

tappari
19-07-16, 17:26
And besides: it is what you show to the world, correct or not correct :)
Stupid if it`s not correct.

deltec
20-07-16, 10:53
got every thing going thank u all again looking for the vix blue skin