PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Main/Large bouquet for Sky UK. Make default?

abu baniaz
17-07-16, 16:46
We used to have comments/complaints that the numbers of the channels created by ABM do not match.

The reason for this non-matching issue is that there is a large bouquet containing all the services, then the Entertainment bouquet. Because the numbers are cumulative, the Entertainment bouquet did not start at 101.

So, we removed the large first bouquet. This meant that the Entertainment bouquet starts at 101. We are now getting threads posting the opposite and people wanting the large bouquet containing all the services.

When in EPG, you can press the TV button and select a bouquet that way.

So, the question is: Do you want the large bouquet bought back for default settings?

As an aside. In ABM, enable config mode to expert. In the provider menu you will see more options. You can change to what you like.

Andy_Hazza
17-07-16, 17:39
I never use All Channels. I prefer Section Bouquets only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
17-07-16, 17:40
I like it as it is so a No from me.

dsayers
17-07-16, 17:42
Same here I prefer sections only. Why is it abe2 can have all channels aswell as section bouquets with the correct channel numbers?

lincsat
17-07-16, 17:45
I have the main bouquet set to Yes (HD Only). The sections then have all the correct numbers with the HD channels easy to find at the start

abu baniaz
17-07-16, 17:47
@ Dsayers, AB 28.2 cannot do what you say. It is the way enigma2 works.

AB 28.2 optionally adds numbers to names. There is a custom mix file for ABM.

dsayers
17-07-16, 18:21
@ Dsayers, AB 28.2 cannot do what you say. It is the way enigma2 works.

AB 28.2 optionally adds numbers to names. There is a custom mix file for ABM.

Thanks for that I didn't know it could be done that way that means I can remove the OpenVix Custom EPG plugin and won't have the trashcan issue when I try to update.

Andy_Hazza
17-07-16, 18:56
IMO AB 28.2 is messy with the numbering on the channels. ABM much nicer. But this is just my opinion.

dsayers
17-07-16, 19:01
IMO AB 28.2 is messy with the numbering on the channels. ABM much nicer. But this is just my opinion.

same for me plus i prefer been able to do the custommix mods

Huevos
17-07-16, 19:06
Guys you are answering a different question than is being asked. In expert mode you can choose what you like. Abu is asking about default setting as these are loaded automatically when the plugin is in rookie mode. In rookie mode it is not possible to change what bouquets are built.

Huevos
17-07-16, 19:28
BTW, I've voed "no", not because I think one option is better than another, but that I think change disorientates the users.

twol
17-07-16, 20:02
Default should be normal channel no's i.e. 101 is BBC1 etc

Huevos
18-07-16, 04:06
Default should be normal channel no's i.e. 101 is BBC1 etc101 will always be BBC1 whether the default is to create an "all channels" bouquet or not.

twol
18-07-16, 06:09
Probably a bad example on my part.

DaMacFunkin
18-07-16, 08:56
I don't use section bouquets, i only use main bouquet.

Huevos
18-07-16, 09:20
Thanks for that I didn't know it could be done that way that means I can remove the OpenVix Custom EPG plugin and won't have the trashcan issue when I try to update.What is the trashcan bug?

abu baniaz
18-07-16, 09:26
What is the trashcan bug?
People using the custom EPG mod have an older version of usageconfig.py. This does not have the options for sorting trashcan (yet) so causes a crash.

gibbletts
18-07-16, 11:01
I'm not bothered either way I don't use channel numbers so whatever the guys doing the coding find easiest is fine by me.