PDA

View Full Version : two Combi tuners

beaudaniels
17-07-16, 11:10
Had Virgin Broadband installed yesterday and all is well.
Sky is working as usual and now all I need to do is setup both Digital receivers - living room is Xtrend ET8500 and bedroom is Edision OS mini - both with openvix :)
I think the only thing I'm missing is a VM cable running into bedroom......
Before I start on the main box; could I set up the Edision box for bedroom to run my current sky package?
I have sky multiroom cable, just not VM and this moment in time. And can I go back to the Edision to set it up for VM once I've sorted a new cable?
Sorry, I'm a complete newbie and trying hard to figure out all these abbreviations for various things.... :/

Thanks in advance
Beau

beaudaniels
17-07-16, 17:03
Anyone?
Sky cables pulled through. Will I also need the phoneline with these new boxes? :/

abu baniaz
17-07-16, 17:15
If you are redoing your house, best to run network cables to each location.

Satellite wires must be direct from LNB/Distribution system (unless unicable).

DVB-C (avoiding the word "cable") can be split. So best to have a wire to each device. You can split/share.

DVB-T can be split. So best to have a wire to each device. You can split/share.

beaudaniels
17-07-16, 17:44
It's an old house...
Had the DVB-C fitted yesterday. It's literally just connected to broadband at present...... Satellite cables are white so I'm guessing it's from the existing box :/
Darn it, back to the drawing board.......

Ford1
17-07-16, 18:06
Are both boxes fitted with dvb-s2 AND dvc-c tuners? and at what stage of the install are you at?

beaudaniels
18-07-16, 10:55
Are both boxes fitted with dvb-s2 AND dvc-c tuners? and at what stage of the install are you at?

Hi ford1 - I believe they are, yes. I have the new Edision OS mini and a new Xtrend 8500.
I'm at the VERY early stage i.e: Just had VM broadband installed......

Ford1
18-07-16, 18:44
Well your sky feed side of things isn't too difficult to sort out, trust me, we need to get the box with satalitte feeds up and running and doing what you want first. can you tell me what stage your at so far?

beaudaniels
19-07-16, 13:30
Well your sky feed side of things isn't too difficult to sort out, trust me, we need to get the box with satalitte feeds up and running and doing what you want first. can you tell me what stage your at so far?

Andy has me on the straight and narrow and I'm slowly starting to learn a little more each time.
I just need another cable to run from the outside splitter to OS mini box (multiroom) and another splitter for the Xtrend and I should be good to go.......
This weekend is crunch time :eek:

Ford1
19-07-16, 18:42
:thumbsup::thumbsup: