PDA

View Full Version : Venton Unibox Eco locking up

gareth2212
16-07-16, 21:39
Hi every one.

Recently bought the Venton unibox eco, having problems with it freezing locking up, been searching on the manufactures web site also the ********* for support but no joy, have egistered with both.
has anyone any links for support for these boxes where I can download firmware ect.

thank you very much

Andy_Hazza
16-07-16, 22:21
Where is it locking up & freezing exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manicscrewdriver
16-07-16, 22:37
Do you mean freezing picture?

gareth2212
17-07-16, 09:55
Hi guys usually when in the epg. Sometimes it will not power up with the remote then I need to switch it off at the plug then power it back on.
If I could find somewhere were I could find the firmware to flash it maybe that could solve it just cannot find anything on the manufacturer website theirs a link on the web site but it doesn't lead to any downloading ad page I've registered everything.

Gareth

manicscrewdriver
20-07-16, 08:22
Open ATV and OpenDroid still actively support this receiver, you will get the newest upto date firmware there :D

http://images.opendroid.org/5.5/Venton-Unibox/index.php?dir=uniboxhde

http://www.opena.tv/unibox-images/download-310-venton-unibox-eco.html

Make sure you select the right firmware and not one for any of the other Venton boxes.

Bangord30
20-07-16, 08:46
Do you need a swap file on these? Never used one

manicscrewdriver
20-07-16, 20:24
I dont use one on mine to be honest, although i am using an old Egami image as it does what i need it to do, so i cant see the point in changing it.

To change the firmware all you need to do is download one, unzip the file and copy it to the root directory on a usb pendrive. Make sure its a decent Pendrive like a Kingston or a Sandisk one as Venton receivers are funny buggers when it comes to USB drives.

You should have on the pendrive a folder called "Unibox" Inside that folder will be another folder called "HDE"

Inside that folder will be several files..

Imageversion, kernel.bin, noforce, rootfs.bin and splash.bin

Make sure you have downloaded the correct image for the box and not one for a HD1 or HD2 receiver. Flash the wrong image and you have a scrap box.

Once you have confirmed this, switch off the receiver and insert the usb drive into the top usb port on the rear. Switch on receiver.

It will say "booting" and will the state there is an image on the usb stick. It will say "press power to flash".

Press power button on front of receiver and it will say "flashing" on the receiver display. Do not power it off. When complete it will say "success" on the display and it will reboot into the new image. Follow the instructions to set up the image. You can remove the usb stick at this point.

Just be aware if you are going to be using an emu that not all images allow yo to download them, although most do.