PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] No Channel Name after updating Configs

wallnut
14-07-16, 20:12
Hi
A few nights ago (Monday I think) I updated the ABM config files via the plugin menu.

Ever since, I've noticed that Made In Bristol (channel 117) shows as 52530 in stead of the actual channel name.
I have renamed the channel using the remote but obviously every time ABM runs it changes back to 52530

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get the channel name to display correctly please?

I'm on build 4.1.016.

Thanks

wallnut
14-07-16, 21:42
Also, just noticed that channel 192 is showing as 55207, It should be AMC :confused:

Andy_Hazza
14-07-16, 22:32
Just click on channel 55207 n then press down n up n AMC will magically appear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
14-07-16, 22:42
ABM used to re-write all services. As part of the speeding up mods, if a service already exists, it is not re-written again. Most channels are on test, then they become the proper one. Service reference then changes. If you have any record timers set, best to check them.

As mentioned above, simply zapping onto the channel will mean that the background scan process will correct it. If this is not staying and reverts, you receiver may not be shutting down properly and changes are not being saved to the lamedb.

Another method is to zap to channel and perform a manual scan. You will automatically select the active transponder. Select "clear before scan", scan and restart.

wallnut
14-07-16, 23:14
Just click on channel 55207 n then press down n up n AMC will magically appear.

Thanks for the suggestion Andy. Unfortunately this didn't work for me. :(
Nor did simply zapping to the channel. Guess my box is all out of the magical stuff that yours has in it. lol

Another method is to zap to channel and perform a manual scan. You will automatically select the active transponder. Select "clear before scan", scan and restart.

Thanks abu. This worked a treat and now I have all the channel names displayed correctly.

Andy_Hazza
14-07-16, 23:20
Glad you sorted it. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk