PDA

View Full Version : What's the best box for a noob

Burnley
13-07-16, 13:48
Had a Zgemma for a year and it's just died on me. I bought it already setup but want to set my new one up myself and start to learn more.

Has anyone got any thoughts on which is the best box out of these 3 before I order from wos.

The xtrend et8500
Gigablue HD ultra ue
Or is it worth stretching to the VU+ solo 2

And also is there a step by step guide of where to start. 😀

Any thoughts and help would really be appreciated

Thanks

beaudaniels
13-07-16, 16:36
Hi Dude, just started up myself.....
I'm starting with the Xtrend8500 and Edision OS Mini. Still in their boxes as being switched over to Virgin Broadband on Saturday....
What to do from there I have no clue...... :(

Andy_Hazza
13-07-16, 18:15
Had a Zgemma for a year and it's just died on me. I bought it already setup but want to set my new one up myself and start to learn more.

Has anyone got any thoughts on which is the best box out of these 3 before I order from wos.

The xtrend et8500
Gigablue HD ultra ue
Or is it worth stretching to the VU+ solo 2

And also is there a step by step guide of where to start. [emoji3]

Any thoughts and help would really be appreciated

Thanks

The 3 listed receivers you've mentioned you won't go far wrong. Also take a look at the Miraclebox Premium Twin+.
I'm a big fan of the Vu+ Solo2, but just my personal preference. Also parses epg data far quicker than the other receivers. Take a look at the pictures n see which you fancy. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
13-07-16, 19:55
Have to say that I agree with Andy on the "take a look at the pictures and see what you like" :)
Solo2 is a traditionally styled receiver, Xtrend is non-traditional.
Both have pluses and minus but they lead into discussions that as a newbie will only open Pandora's box:), so go for the one that you fancy and meets your budget, both will do a great job.

Burnley
13-07-16, 21:12
Thanks guys for your replies. Glad to know I won't go wrong with any of them. Leaning towards the xtrend as it will fit on the shelf, bit restricted on width.

It does look a decent box and a decent processor so will be far better than my old Zgemma. Will have a trail through discussions before I take final plunge and no doubt will shout for help when it arrives.

Sicilian
14-07-16, 08:23
Xtrend ET8500 for me :)