PDA

View Full Version : Remote connection stream quality

Dazza102uk
11-07-16, 20:42
Hello and good evening,

I ve recently purchased an edison os mini box and have set it up to stream via the web interface on my local network and externally via port forwarding on my router.

I can get a decent stream on my local network but am struggling to get a decent stream externally (very jumpy). I have looked through all the menus on the box and can't see anywhere where I could reduce the remote stream frame rate and / or resolution, does anyone know if I can do this? And if so how?

Thanks

Darren

gadget-man
15-07-16, 17:14
If you don't me asking how did you get it to stream locally ?

I tried many times but no joy streaming to my iPad at all.

Thanks

DaMacFunkin
15-07-16, 17:47
Hello and good evening,

I ve recently purchased an edison os mini box and have set it up to stream via the web interface on my local network and externally via port forwarding on my router.

I can get a decent stream on my local network but am struggling to get a decent stream externally (very jumpy). I have looked through all the menus on the box and can't see anywhere where I could reduce the remote stream frame rate and / or resolution, does anyone know if I can do this? And if so how?

Thanks

Darren
What you are looking for is transcoding, only the more expensive boxes support transcoding, and only the really expensive boxes support hardware transcoding, such as the duo2.

imish
17-07-16, 17:31
Beware when streaming over the public network - the boxes are far from secure without SSH or VPN.