PDA

View Full Version : Cant connect box to pc to use Dreamset or DreamboxEdit

Steviewilson
10-07-16, 16:18
Have had my solo 2 for a few years now, and uploaded channel lists before with no issues. Recently I cant connect to the box on the PC but getting a 'check your parameters' error message, im not sure if this is since a Windows 10 upgrade, or moving house and the internet is different? Dunno. I can see the box and contents of the HDD under 'Network' on windows explorer, and checking adapter settings on the stb shows the current ip address. Could it be that the box is connected to a 5 port switch and not directly into the Virgin Superhub? Would a fw update fix things? Been on Blackhole 2.1.4 for a wee while, Build 2014-12-05-master, DVB drivers 20141021, Kernal version 3.13.5. Just ran the network test and got 5 green ticks, this is doing my head in :)

Stevie

twol
10-07-16, 17:11
I know you probably don,t want to change things, but 1) can you connect using filezilla?
2) if so try echannelsizer to manipulate your bouquets (its a better app anyway, in my view :) )
There have been some apps that appear to have issues with win10, just can,t remember which except I don,t use them:)

Steviewilson
10-07-16, 17:43
I know you probably don,t want to change things, but 1) can you connect using filezilla?
2) if so try echannelsizer to manipulate your bouquets (its a better app anyway, in my view :) )
There have been some apps that appear to have issues with win10, just can,t remember which except I don,t use them:)

Thanks mate, weird one this, checked the network settings on the stb and it shows the ip address as .12, yet when I did a scan with dcc v2.96 it found the VUSOLO on .8 !! Changed around and got in but with errors now. checking the ip I get OK, checking the satelite.xml I get WARNING and when checking lamedb I get ERROR, but when checking with DCC again I can see those files are where theyre meant to be. Any ideas?

Steviewilson
10-07-16, 17:53
Jeez, got it sorted mate, I hadnt the PASSIVE FTP box checked, clicked then im all good to go! Do'h!!