PDA

View Full Version : Help.. Solo 2 just for kodi or sell and buy an android box.

viper626
09-07-16, 20:47
Hi Guys.
I have a VU+ solo 2 with a 300g hard drive fitted, is it possible to get the box to boot straight to kodi or does vix have to be installed first, I have an ET8500 which I use for sat so was wondering if I could put the solo 2 to some other use or should I just sell the solo 2 and buy and something like a Wetek Core 4K android box.

Cheers...

Andy_Hazza
09-07-16, 21:14
No you can't boot straight to Kodi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial
10-07-16, 07:57
Hi,
the Solo2 will never be a real Kodi-Box so if you only want Kodi sell&buy would be my advise.

ciao

DaMacFunkin
10-07-16, 10:00
If you want a good Kodi box try and get one that can run openelec, Android is still full of pitfalls and bugs for it to be a true Multi Media solution.

Trial
10-07-16, 11:45
Hi,
or libreelec. In the beginning it was written that LibreElec might make faster progress.

ciao

danlou
10-07-16, 14:54
Hi,
the Solo2 will never be a real Kodi-Box so if you only want Kodi sell&buy would be my advise.

ciao
Isn't that like saying android devices will never be a real kodi box?
Essentially, as I understand it, these boxes can run full kodi.
Kodi is a piece of software that sits independently on the operating system.
Now, whether it runs reliably is a different matter. Over to those that have tried it for feedback....

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Stanman
10-07-16, 15:28
Use Orroo on the solo2 and kodi is good enough gor what OP intends!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Trial
10-07-16, 17:39
Hi danlou,
just for information I have here 4 VU with Kodi, Wetek with Kodi/OpenElec and a NUC with LibreElec so I think I can honestly say I tried it. By far the best is the NUC. The Solo2 has more or less a complete Kodi but not everything is running like for instance simple IPTV and some other addons. The remote control is rather limited and the E2 player is used to name the worst points.

ciao

Andy_Hazza
10-07-16, 18:45
I have to agree with Trial. It does run Kodi, and it runs it well but not fully functional, like for instance the shortcuts errors etc. So if you want an all singing & dancing Kodi experience, get a proper Kodi media player box. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Mister
10-07-16, 21:18
If you want an android box.. have a look at the Sumvision X8.. Cracking little box for less than 50 quid..

If you want to spend a few extra quid.. Then go for the Amazon fire box.. IMO.. Still the best box for running kodi..

PS.. I aint tried anything to do with OpenElec or LibreElec

kegnkiwi
10-07-16, 22:07
As you already have the box why not install an back up image with kodi ready installed. I know it's not vix but openatv or openblackhole are available.

Trial
11-07-16, 07:46
Hi,
afaik no E2 box with no image can boot directly into Kodi.

ciao

Milamber44
11-07-16, 10:18
I spent about £30 on a Raspberry Pi which runs Openelec and does exactly what I need. Regards.

DaMacFunkin
11-07-16, 12:29
Well I spent hundreds on fire TVs, fire tv 4K's and Nvidia shield pro as well as 4 enigma2 boxes, in fact make that thousands and not one of them can play back ALL of the regular media codecs back via kodi correctly, So in my opinion none of them can be considered suitable as a media player.

viper626
11-07-16, 13:24
Thanks for all the info you guys have given its been very helpful, very interested in the Amazon fire box which I see I can get local..

Cheers...