PDA

View Full Version : How do I fine tune my satellite positions?

tanaks
09-07-16, 09:22
Hi,

I am trying to configure my VU+ Duo 2 and am muddling through it. I have a motorised system so I have managed to set up USALS and then pick the satellites I want, do a scan and receive the channels.

However what I am having trouble with is making the signal as high as possible. For instance there are certain channels where the reception is terrible. So I go to the positioner settings and increase the SNR using the "fine movement" settings. The problem I have found is that there is no way to store these settings.

Could someone point me in the right direction on how I can fine tune the positioner position? If I have USALS set up then does that mean I can't adjust the position?

Confused.com :-)

Tan

ronand
09-07-16, 09:45
The correct way is to get the ladder out and adjust the dish correctly. Once that it done Usals will work as intended. You could adjust your East/West value as a temporary fix but this would throw the dish off on other satellites.

bellejt
09-07-16, 10:21
if it is a small disposition you can change settings for usals coordinates.If it is great differance the do as above and adjust the dish.

tanaks
09-07-16, 17:44
Ok, thanks. So, do I just guess which USALS coordinates to change and by how much?

Isn't it possible to make the adjustments using the movement options if I am using USALS? Is it possible to do what I said but not use USALS?

bellejt
09-07-16, 18:54
I had to adjust also.Had to make adjustments on coordinates on position nord.Calculation was 51.111 and set it to 51.011.Little change but had much better reception without having to move the disch a few millimeter.Just try step by step and see what it gives.Just take notes when changing so you can go back to previous settings.Could well be on East also.Depends on where you live

ronand
09-07-16, 21:22
Ok, thanks. So, do I just guess which USALS coordinates to change and by how much?

Isn't it possible to make the adjustments using the movement options if I am using USALS? Is it possible to do what I said but not use USALS?

The movement commands are only for disecq and not for Usals.