PDA

View Full Version : Venton Updates

seedling
09-07-16, 08:13
morning all just had my venton eco combo have looked at images and see the last vix is 3.2 will there be any new images out if not can the image for the hdx be used as that is upto date?
thx in advance

Sicilian
09-07-16, 08:57
No Hdx can't be used. Unibox support was dropped a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seedling
09-07-16, 10:42
OK thanks for quick reply gutted tho any specific reasons for stopping it

manicscrewdriver
09-07-16, 11:41
CPU isn't fast enough is the understanding i got. As good as the VIX image is there are others that will suit the box and its specification very well. Its just unfortunate as with quite a few other boxes that there comes a point when newer images just become painfully slow making it pointless.

My old Gigablue HD 800Se was the same, it came to a point where the newer VIX images were just too much for it and it became really slow.

Sicilian
21-07-16, 06:37
OK thanks for quick reply gutted tho any specific reasons for stopping it

Yes, poor driver support from Venton. Then owner of the brand dumped all the stock an number of months ago. Now being touted as a new box, but its actually stock dumping.

manicscrewdriver
21-07-16, 08:21
Got mine for £50 from a friend in Germany, not a bad little box but not a lot of support as stated earlier in the thread. I'm running an old Egami image on mine. Does what it says on the tin and works OK for a bedroom box.