PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Description font size

jukkal2
06-07-16, 12:20
I find it hard to read the program descriptions in the recording list view below the picture, sitting on the couch.
Is there any way to make the font larger? I'd like to have such setting, but haven't found it so far.
I use the Night HD skin.

Piranha
06-07-16, 17:01
When viewing your recordings screen, press Menu - then select Settings. You can change the font size and number of rows there.

jukkal2
06-07-16, 17:14
When viewing your recordings screen, press Menu - then select Settings. You can change the font size and number of rows there.
Looks to me like that only changes the font size on the list of recording names, not the detailed description of the selected program that is shown on the other side of the screen.

Busterroo
06-07-16, 22:56
I'd like to be able to do this too mate but I don't think its possible. You could try a different skin and see if a different colour scheme makes it easier to read.

Bangord30
11-07-16, 16:05
Think that part is coded into the skin

IAmATeaf
11-07-16, 19:53
As said above, this can be done by editing the xml file for the skin, skins are kept in /usr/lib/engima2, I've edited my xml to show the change below. Before you start make sure you have a backup before you've made any changes, just in case.

Look for the section MovieSelection as shown below, the bits I've changed I've highlighted. After the change you need to restart enigma2 before you can see the changes:

<screen name="MovieSelection" position="fill" backgroundColor="background1" flags="wfNoBorder" >
<panel name="FullscreenTopPanel"/>
<panel name="FullscreenTitlePanel"/>
<panel name="FullscreenPIGPanel"/>
<widget name="waitingtext" position="20,82" size="660,590" font="Regular;21" halign="center" valign="center" transparent="0" foregroundColor="window-fg" backgroundColor="window-bg" zPosition="4"/>
<widget name="list" position="20,82" size="660,590" font="Regular;23" zPosition="3" scrollbarMode="showOnDemand" selectionPixmap="ViX-Common/buttons/FocusBar_H36x660.png" foregroundColor="window-fg" backgroundColor="background1" transparent="0" enableWrapAround="1"/>
<widget name="chosenletter" position="20,82" size="660,576" foregroundColor="yellow" font="Regular;50" halign="center" valign="center" transparent="1" zPosition="4"/>
<widget name="DescriptionBorder" position="20,600" size="660,0" zPosition="3" transparent="1"/>
<widget source="Service" render="Label" position="695,410" size="300,25" zPosition="2" foregroundColor="h1" backgroundColor="background1" font="Regular;24" noWrap="1" transparent="0" valign="top" >
<convert type="MovieInfo">RecordServiceName</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="Service" render="Label" position="1128,410" zPosition="2" size="100,25" transparent="0" foregroundColor="h1" backgroundColor="background1" font="Regular;25" halign="right" >
<convert type="ServiceTime">Duration</convert>
<convert type="ClockToText">AsLength</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="Service" render="Label" position="695,437" size="570,200" font="Regular;24" backgroundColor="background1" foregroundColor="window-fg" transparent="0" valign="top" zPosition="2">
<convert type="MovieInfo">MetaDescription</convert>
</widget>
<widget name="freeDiskSpace" position="870,640" size="400,20" font="Regular;23" backgroundColor="window-sel-fg" valign="center" halign="right" zPosition="2" transparent="1"/>
<widget name="TrashcanSize" position="695,640" size="400,20" font="Regular;23" backgroundColor="window-sel-fg" valign="center" halign="left" zPosition="2" transparent="1"/>
<panel name="FullscreenRed1Panel"/>
<panel name="FullscreenGreen1Panel"/>
<panel name="FullscreenYellow1Panel"/>
<panel name="FullscreenBlue1Panel"/>
<widget name="movie_sort" position="1150,690" size="35,20" pixmaps="icons/az.png,icons/newtop.png,icons/shuffle.png,icons/za.png,icons/oldtop.png,icons/faz.png,icons/fza.png" zPosition="10" transparent="1" alphatest="on"/>
<widget name="movie_off" position="1190,690" size="35,20" pixmaps="icons/ask.png,icons/movielist.png,icons/quit.png,icons/pause.png,icons/playlist.png,icons/playlistquit.png,icons/loop.png,icons/rep.png" zPosition="10" transparent="1" alphatest="on"/>
</screen>

Andy_Hazza
11-07-16, 20:09
Try the Confluence skin. Nice n big for those that struggle. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman
12-07-16, 01:29
Try the Confluence skin. Nice n big for those that struggle.No it's not. I have to increase mine with personalized skin files.
Although it will depend on how large a screen you have....

Rob van der Does
12-07-16, 07:38
The way to adapt a number of screens of a skin to your liking is to use a skin-user. That will survive any updates, and is part of a settings backup.
There are plenty threads about that in the forum to find out how.

jukkal2
12-07-16, 11:39
As said above, this can be done by editing the xml file for the skin, skins are kept in /usr/lib/engima2, I've edited my xml to show the change below. Before you start make sure you have a backup before you've made any changes, just in case.
Look for the section MovieSelection as shown below, the bits I've changed I've highlighted. After the change you need to restart enigma2 before you can see the changes:

I don't see where you refer to with "As said above"..
And I didn't find any xml files in /usr/lib/enigma2, in that directory I only have a python subdirectory and no xml files there, only python stuff.
But I found the skin.xml files in subdirectories of /usr/share/enigma2, I assume you mean those.
So, apparently it is the font attribute of widget source="Service" that includes convert type="MovieInfo" that I want to change. Maybe also widgets FreeDiskSPace and TrashcanSize. (It was a bit hard to find the highlight..)
I'm not at home now, I'll try when I get there.

IAmATeaf
12-07-16, 14:29
Sorry yes /usr/share/enigma2. Each skin will have a folder where the xml should be, the VIX skins have a stub xml in its own skin folder and the bulk of the skin is in the folder VIX common. I'm typing this from memory so might have some of the names wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jukkal2
12-07-16, 14:45
Sorry yes /usr/share/enigma2. Each skin will have a folder where the xml should be, the VIX skins have a stub xml in its own skin folder and the bulk of the skin is in the folder VIX common. I'm typing this from memory so might have some of the names wrong?

I didn't find widget source="Service" in ViX-Night-HD/skin.html, so I edited ViX-Common/CommonSkin.xml as it is included from the Vix-Night-HD/skin.html. I changed the font="Regular;20" to font="Regular;25" in widget source="Service" and the change was very clear when I restarted enigma. Maybe I'll settle for something in between, trying 22 next..
And I guess I'll try the skin-user method that Rob van der Does mentioned, after I find out how to do that (need to search other threads for what it is and how to use it first).

Rob van der Does
12-07-16, 15:09
Start is to make an XML file with the contents of the screen you just made.

In short:
New skin_user.xml:
Any changes to a system file (like you did in common skin) will be lost on an update. What you should do is
1- create a 'skin_user_{name of current skin}.xml' (i.e. for ViX-Night you would have: skin_user_ViX_Night_HD.xml);
2- in that file you place all the screens you want to take precedence over the system skin;
3- ftp the file to etc/enigma2, and
4- restart E2.

Now the screens in that file will always override the screens in the skin in use. And a settings backup will save this file as well, so on a restoere you get it back, and on an image update it doesn't get lost.

clivejo
22-05-21, 00:43
How do you keep the changes to <colors> section?

Huevos
22-05-21, 12:04
How do you keep the changes to <colors> section?

Keep what changes? When are you losing changes?