PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Is it possible to add the Free to View channels to Free to Air bouquets?

givecredit
05-07-16, 12:17
Is it possible to add the Free to View channels to Free to Air bouquets? That is add Sony tv, Sony Movies,(and +1 variants) 4music, InsightHD, motors tv to the bouquets when set to free to air mode.

abu baniaz
05-07-16, 12:44
We have this section in the xml file

#Some channels have the FTA flag when they should not.
fta_corrections = ['BoxNation', 'MOTORS TV UK', 'MTV Live', 'Nick Jr+1', 'Sony Movies', 'Sony Movies+1','Sony TV', 'Sony TV +1', 'TLC+2']
if service["service_name"] in fta_corrections:
service["free_ca"] = 1

If you delete it, this will achieve what you want.

However, when image next updates, you will have to repeat process. It should be possible to create a custom mix file for you with the following:

falsify_fta = ['MOTORS TV UK', 'Insight HD', '4Music', 'Sony Movies', 'Sony Movies+1','Sony TV', 'Sony TV +1']
if service["service_name"] in falsify_fta:
service["free_ca"] = 0

I've tried but crashes on me.

dsayers
05-07-16, 17:55
We have this section in the xml file

#Some channels have the FTA flag when they should not.
fta_corrections = ['BoxNation', 'MOTORS TV UK', 'MTV Live', 'Nick Jr+1', 'Sony Movies', 'Sony Movies+1','Sony TV', 'Sony TV +1', 'TLC+2']
if service["service_name"] in fta_corrections:
service["free_ca"] = 1

If you delete it, this will achieve what you want.

However, when image next updates, you will have to repeat process.

after deleting the selected text rename the sat_282_sky_uk.xml to sat_282_sky_uk_give.xml or what you want and inside at the top look for
<name>Sky UK</name> rename this to
<name>282E Mix</name> reboot box you should now have a 282E MIX in the providers section use that instead and it wont be overwritten when doing ota updates apart from when you do a full image update so keep a copy on your pc

dsayers
05-07-16, 18:28
see screen shot

Huevos
06-07-16, 23:07
It should be possible to create a custom mix file for you with the following: [...] I've tried but crashes on me.Should be something like this... (not tested).

<custommix>
<hacks>
<![CDATA[

ftv = ['MOTORS TV UK', 'Insight HD', '4Music', 'Sony Movies', 'Sony Movies+1','Sony TV', 'Sony TV +1']

for number in customised["video"]:
if customised["video"][number]["service_name"] in ftv:
customised["video"][number]["free_ca"] = 0

]]>
</hacks>
</custommix>

Hacks is different to servicehacks. servicehacks is run on individual services. hacks runs on the provider as a whole.

givecredit
08-07-16, 10:19
Thanks to all suggested solutions. I tried all and could get none to do what I wanted to do. Tried deleting the lines first, No success.(No crash, it ran successfully) Then tried the CustomMix again no success(Again no crash). I must be doing something wrong.

Huevos
08-07-16, 23:33
Post the debug log.

Huevos
09-07-16, 23:07
Set "FTA_Only" to "no".

<custommix>
<hacks>
<![CDATA[

ftv = ['MOTORS TV UK', 'Insight HD', '4Music', 'Sony Movies', 'Sony Movies+1','Sony TV', 'Sony TV +1']

for number in customised["video"].keys():
if customised["video"][number]["service_name"] in ftv:
customised["video"][number]["free_ca"] = 0
elif customised["video"][number]["free_ca"] == 1:
del customised["video"][number]

]]>
</hacks>
</custommix>

Huevos
10-07-16, 10:05
Images of the above:

abu baniaz
10-07-16, 13:35
The file has been uploaded in the Hacks example thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples&p=408659&viewfull=1#post408659

givecredit
11-07-16, 18:37
The file has been uploaded in the Hacks example thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples&p=408659&viewfull=1#post408659

Thanks everyone. That file worked a treat for most channels. Still no Sony tv and Sony tv+1 for some reason. I also forgot about the FTV channel yesterday+1.

abu baniaz
12-07-16, 17:04
Thanks everyone. That file worked a treat for most channels. Still no Sony tv and Sony tv+1 for some reason. I also forgot about the FTV channel yesterday+1.

There is no "Sony TV" though, they renamed it to "Sony Channel" a while back. An updated file has been uploaded. EPG/Channel ID used just in case there is another rename.

givecredit
01-08-16, 22:47
There is no "Sony TV" though, they renamed it to "Sony Channel" a while back. An updated file has been uploaded. EPG/Channel ID used just in case there is another rename.

I am trying to add the BT Sports and Eir sports channels to my custom mix. Have managed to add the Eir channels and BT extra channels. Found the Channel IDs is the readme sections or example scripts.

Where do I find the channels ID. Looking for the Main BT Sports channels ids.

Huevos
02-08-16, 03:04
I am trying to add the BT Sports and Eir sports channels to my custom mix. Have managed to add the Eir channels and BT extra channels. Found the Channel IDs is the readme sections or example scripts.

Where do I find the channels ID. Looking for the Main BT Sports channels ids.In the hacks examples thread you could use the test file in post 7.