PDA

View Full Version : SmartWi

corban
05-07-16, 10:00
Hello

I just received my Technomate Twin yesterday from WOS and I am delighted with it. It is my first Linux receiver. I have it all set up the way I want it except for my NC+ subscription on 13 degrees east.

Before this, I had a ferguson ariva and I was using a SmartWi card to split the subscription between upstairs and downstairs receivers. The setup I'm taliking about is this: http://smartwi.net/

Anyway with the ferguson arivas all I did was stick the smartwi card in and the channels cleared. However it's not working on my technomate.

I am at a loss, I don't fully understand CCCam/Softcam etc etc or even if they are relevant. Can anyone help me please with a very basic simple guide to get it working?

If not with the SmartWi then with an Aston module in the CI or just the NC+ card in the card reader? Any help would be appreciated or if it can't be done then put me out of my misery :)

(I just want to clarify I have purchased a legitimate subscription for NC+, I am not talking about card sharing or the like, the SmartWi just allows multiroom viewing)

corban
05-07-16, 10:43
Should say WOS had the receiver flashed with latest Openvix.

twol
05-07-16, 11:34
Ask SmartWi?

corban
05-07-16, 13:26
Ask SmartWi?
Thanks, I did send them an email yesterday evening, nothing useful from them yet

twol
05-07-16, 15:16
Thanks, I did send them an email yesterday evening, nothing useful from them yet
They are probably asking themselves what is Enigma?..... I must admit I had to google SmartWi .... cunning these Germans but neat idea.:)

corban
05-07-16, 17:23
Is it possible even to just get the NC+ card working even without the SmartWi?

twol
05-07-16, 18:01
Is it possible even to just get the NC+ card working even without the SmartWi?
I would have thought so with Oscam, but you need another user to confirm.

corban
06-07-16, 20:36
I got the NC+ card working with CCcam eventually, took me hours :confused:

Still no joy with my SmartWi unfortunately.