PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo 2 weaker signal compare to Technomate TM-Nano-3T??

deividuska
02-07-16, 13:45
Hi i just got my new VU+ Duo 2 1x Twin DVB-S2 Hybrid Dual/Twin 2 x DVB-C/T2 Tuner and i notice one thing.
Compare to my old box Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver AGC = Automatic Gain Control if worse on VU+ Duo 2 :confused:.
Is this normal?And is VU+ Duo 2 got weaker tuner compare to Technomate TM-Nano-3T.?
Another thing with cable tuner i have BER = -324 on all cable channels never had this on Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO.

So can someone confirm to me is it VU+ Duo 2 have worse tuner compare to Technomate TM-Nano-3T?:mad:

Andy_Hazza
02-07-16, 14:14
How are you connecting to cable? Splitter or loopthrough cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deividuska
02-07-16, 14:37
How are you connecting to cable? Splitter or loopthrough cable?

Hi goes from splitter one cable goes to modem another one to sat box.
Set up is the same how it was with Technomate TM-Nano-3T never had any BER = -324.Is it a glitch?

ccs
02-07-16, 14:48
What's the picture like?

deividuska
02-07-16, 14:57
What's the picture like?

Good like it was before plus AGC and SNR have higher figures if i compare to old set up.But like i said i have BER = -324 just wondering is it a glitch?
I just don't understand why AGC on satellite tuner dropped 15-20% compared to Technomate TM-Nano-3T

Rob van der Does
02-07-16, 15:39
AGC doesn't mean anything at all; just don't look at it.
And signal values can't be compared between STB's; none of them is a meter. They are just meant as relative indicaations.

BER is a different thing: that should be zero. But that might also be a false reading. Just watch the picture: as long as that is good, all is good.

gibbletts
02-07-16, 18:08
My duo 2 has shown -352 since day one and I don't have any issues no glitching or picture issues

deividuska
02-07-16, 20:57
My duo 2 has shown -352 since day one and I don't have any issues no glitching or picture issues

How about satellite did you notice any changes?

deividuska
03-07-16, 13:36
Ok so after testing box i pretty much happy with cable tuner.But satellite tuner makes me mad :mad:.!
Simple example one off my channels on 4.8E Ku-band Astra 4A LRT Televizija on my old box Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO always was SNR 60-65.
Now on VU+ Duo 2 SNR 54.
Is VU+ Duo2 tuner is not as good with weak signals as other sat boxes?
Because on rest off satellite channels SNR gone up 3-5 percent.
Can someone confirm this to me please.

Rob van der Does
03-07-16, 14:34
Sorry, but what part of my answer didn't you understand?

bellejt
03-07-16, 14:51
the signal meters of a box are not at all an indication of your signal strenght.Depends also on image.Think you should read the responce off Rob loud and clearly.
On DUO2 the max strenght is 93 % (14.9 db) and on a prof signalmeter says 100 % 15 db.
If you are not happy with that just recell the box an buy a technomate again :) .You will make many DUO users very happy

deividuska
04-07-16, 12:21
the signal meters of a box are not at all an indication of your signal strenght.Depends also on image.Think you should read the responce off Rob loud and clearly.
On DUO2 the max strenght is 93 % (14.9 db) and on a prof signalmeter says 100 % 15 db.
If you are not happy with that just recell the box an buy a technomate again :) .You will make many DUO users very happy
I still own Technomate TM-Nano-3T so this is why i am so paranoid :)

deividuska
04-07-16, 12:25
Sorry, but what part of my answer didn't you understand?

So as i understand i can't compare two different boxes readings will be different.I found few off your post you saying SNR what matters most correct?.

So just to confirm is VU+ Duo 2 tuners better what Technomate TM-Nano-3T?

Andy_Hazza
04-07-16, 12:28
Vu+ Duo2 tuners are rock solid imo.

Rob van der Does
04-07-16, 13:33
So just to confirm is VU+ Duo 2 tuners better what Technomate TM-Nano-3T?
How do you come to that conclusion? Also these numbers can't be compared between different hardware.
Only way to find out is to compare picture on (very) weak transponders. Difficult to carry out: it would require you to test both boxes simultaneous on the same feed.

deividuska
05-07-16, 00:46
How do you come to that conclusion? Also these numbers can't be compared between different hardware.
Only way to find out is to compare picture on (very) weak transponders. Difficult to carry out: it would require you to test both boxes simultaneous on the same feed.

Its not a conclusion i just asking.Is any difference between VU+ Duo 2 tuner and Technomate TM-Nano-3T tuner?Or they more or less the same?
Another thing i know on Technomate TM-Nano-3T channel pixelization starts below 45%.How about VU+ Duo 2?Should i look in dB figure?:confused:

Rob van der Does
05-07-16, 04:57
OK, one more try: just stop worrying and stop looking at figures that don't mean anything. Just use the box as intended, watch telly and only start worrying when (on transponders that should be receivable) picture starts having issues.

Sicilian
05-07-16, 07:03
Every box I own shows a different SNR value, NONE are correct. Use a professional engineers meter if you really want to know the true reading.

Trial
05-07-16, 10:27
Hi,
and concerning BER VU is not able after some years now to deliver a real BER the values are pure nonsense and must be ignored.

If you want to know which box has a better tuner you need a channel with a very weak signal and compare the picture on different boxes. VU uses standard tuner so they should be not a lot better or a lot worse than the tuner from other receiver.

ciao