PDA

View Full Version : Whats it worth? Xtrend ET9500

manicscrewdriver
01-07-16, 18:17
Just deciding wether or not to sell my Xtrend ET9500 to get something better or wether or not to keep it.

It has 1x DVB-S2 tuner and 1x DVB-C tuner with a 500GB 2.5" SATA HDD installed. Also comes with the other DVB-S2 tuner incase you want 2x DVB-S2 tuners rather than the current setup.

Purchased from WOS about six months ago.

Thanks

imish
02-07-16, 22:36
i'd be interested, don't need the HDD - let me know your price

manicscrewdriver
05-07-16, 21:36
Bud, thanks for the offer but its not a for sale thread. Just wondering how much its worth at the moment.

Ford1
06-07-16, 00:03
Ok, if your were to sell, what would you realistically want for it, to enable you to purchase something different?

Flyingpig
06-07-16, 00:08
Something is worth what people are prepared to pay for it - so depends on who - I would buy it for £90 to £100.

Looking at what is available out there at the min- the ET8500 @ £210 with 500GB HDD which is better than the ET9500 (I think) I would guess you would be looking somewhere in the region of half of that.

A brand new 8500 with full guarantee, new everything, setup by WoS as opposed to a used ET9500 which only has a 6 month guarantee that may or may not be transferable?

You would have to price it accordingly to sell.

manicscrewdriver
07-07-16, 20:16
I think i'll wait and upgrade my box in the bedroom, realistically the ET9500 does what i need it to do and that cable tuner was a right barsteward to find. With how little people seem to think what its worth i cant see any point in changing it for now.

As for the ET8500, its a very nice box which ticks all the boxes, but if its got that stupid security board with the battery in it i'm staying well away from it.

twol
07-07-16, 21:27
I think i'll wait and upgrade my box in the bedroom, realistically the ET9500 does what i need it to do and that cable tuner was a right barsteward to find. With how little people seem to think what its worth i cant see any point in changing it for now.

As for the ET8500, its a very nice box which ticks all the boxes, but if its got that stupid security board with the battery in it i'm staying well away from it.
No,it doesn,t have the security board :)

Sicilian
08-07-16, 05:50
but if its got that stupid security board with the battery in it i'm staying well away from it.

ET8500 does not have security board, but lets put this into context. You got more chance of spending more money on another brand of receiver and it failing of some other hardware issue than the modern security boards failing.

twol
09-07-16, 10:25
I used to see endless complaints/discussions about Xtrend and their use of security boards and how long would the battery last, and how unfair it was that it only a 10 year battery life :) ....... but don,t remember ever seeing an actual failure down to the security board, although initially blamed for the fault:)
.... the fact that most users never keep,their receiver longer than 5 years didn't seem to enter their discussions:)

manicscrewdriver
09-07-16, 11:36
I'm not going into my thoughts of the security board as this wasn't what the thread was about, although i do hope Xtrend do release the software that does away with the need for it as other than the stupid battery its really not a bad receiver at all. I'm not holding my breath that Xtrend will release it any day soon though.

I will keep it a bit longer as i have my eye on the Gigablue UHD Quad 4K. I've always had a soft spot for Gigablue receivers, so its going to be a long wait for it to be released :thumbsup:

Flyingpig
09-07-16, 13:59
Yeah, itf the extrend is working and meeting your needs no need to upgrade. Save the money for the time you need it, i bet then recievers will of moved on egain.