PDA

View Full Version : No BBC Radio EPG

Helvetica
30-06-16, 15:15
Hi everyone.
I have been searching for an answer to this for 3 days, since my son-in-law replaced my
old BlackHole image (which showed me "booting..." for over an hour after a bad
storm and a possible lightning strike to our dish) with the very pretty and fast OpenVix
Blue HD.
Our system: Motorized 1.5m dish, Superjack positioner, VU+ Duo2, OpenVix Blue-HD.
Under Image Info it tells me Version 3.2, Build 037, Python 2.7.9 and, at the bottom,
V 3.1
I use CrossEPG and the OpenTV.. thingy.
On my old Blackhole image I somehow managed to get it to show me EPG information
for BBC Radio - I listen to Radio 4 and Radio 4 Extra every day, but now it doesn't
download any radio epg information at all.
I tried setting the CustomRegion thing and marked Freesat FTA etc. but it hasn't helped.
(I don't dare use the Rytek things - I tried that once on the Blackhole system and it was still downloading after leaving it to "do" overnight...)
Could someone let me have an Idiot's Guide to be able to get EPG info for BBC Radio ?
Thanks !

abu baniaz
30-06-16, 16:57
Working fine here. Maybe a corrupt EPG database. Try deleting it from the EPG menu and then downloading EPG again.

There is a video guide in the guide section.

BTW 3.2 037 is an old image.

Helvetica
30-06-16, 19:14
Thanks for the tip, abu.
I "upgraded" the software (it is showing 3.2 037 though) and now I have EPG on BBC Radio!
Wonderful and I didn't even have to delete my old EPG list.
Thankyou so much.