PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Epg search text entry via remote only selects 'f'

Dispatches
29-06-16, 12:41
Hi all. I have just moved from duo to solo 2 but started fresh with a new HD.

As in the title, if u search the epg any number button on the remote seems to put shift on and select 'f'. I can search still by using the arrow keys to type on the onscreen keyboard but this is obviously much slower.

Any ideas how to get the number keys working for text entry?

Cheers

Rob van der Does
29-06-16, 13:57
Not sure how you do the search, but if I do it the virtual keyboard shows, and that works fine.

Dispatches
29-06-16, 16:00
Not sure how you do the search, but if I do it the virtual keyboard shows, and that works fine.

Yeah virtual keyboard appears and I can type by using the arrow keys on remote but I want to use the number keys on the remote to type, press 2 =a press 2 three times = c. That way is much faster and worked brilliant on Bix on my duo but on the solo any number key is producing a capital f! Very weird and annoying

Rob van der Does
29-06-16, 16:08
I don't think you can omit the virtual keyboard when it appears. In some screens you can use the Text-button to switch between Text-style typing & VK.

Dispatches
29-06-16, 17:47
I don't think you can omit the virtual keyboard when it appears. In some screens you can use the Text-button to switch between Text-style typing & VK.

Text button? I don't see that on my remote!

I was always able to do it on all vix builds on my duo, virtual keyboard on screen and text style typing using the number keys on my remote. Can't see why it shouldn't be the same on the solo?

Rob van der Does
29-06-16, 18:43
Yeah, nothing different between the hardware in this respect. And AFAIK nothing has been changed in the software either.

The TeleText button.

Dispatches
29-06-16, 20:46
Yeah, nothing different between the hardware in this respect. And AFAIK nothing has been changed in the software either.

The TeleText button.

Teletext button didn't do anything. Shame as it's so much slower using the on screen keyboard :-(