PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Green flashing record indicator on Mutant HD500C

pfj
28-06-16, 11:13
Hi - i have a strange problem with my Mutant HD500C which has Vix image running on it. Recently I have noticed on the info screen that a green flashing recording "light" is showing and I don't know how it came on or how to stop it?

I've tried everything including factory reset. Has anyone any ideas? There's no external memory installed to record on and i've checked all the recording settings etc48609

judge
28-06-16, 11:15
Its the software update icon.

pfj
28-06-16, 11:29
Thanks for that that was quick! So it doesn't have anything to do with record then? It seems to stopping my other "services" from working would that be possible?

Willmoore
28-06-16, 11:35
It won't affect any other services.You can either - update/ignore/turn off background check in Software update settings.

abu baniaz
28-06-16, 15:56
4.1 version 015 has been released. If you had the bootlogo issue, it won't go away. Best to create a settings backup, flash newest image, restore settings and plugins

See here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores

pfj
28-06-16, 16:03
Hi Abu - what is the boot loader issue? The problem i'm having is that previously working "services" have stopped working and i've lost a lot of my channels. It's probably just coincidence that i've noticed the green update indicator in the info panel. I've factory restored and still the same. I'll try an updated image when i get home.

abu baniaz
28-06-16, 16:07
In 014 there was a failed update of the bootlogo package. As a result, you will get an update notification even after you have updated the image. So best to flash/install latest image after making a settings backup. This is different to performing an online update.

(Issue affected bootlogo, not bootloader.)

Tkr001
28-06-16, 22:01
I assume you are using a softcam of some sort. After you reflashed did you reload its config files or indeed reload the cam from the feeds. Make sure you abide by the forum rules when replying.

abu baniaz
28-06-16, 22:05
A restore will restore cam and configs.

pfj
28-06-16, 22:38
I've updated to latest image and reloaded the files into tuxbox/config. Showing as connected but nothing working. Very frustrating.

Sent from my Commodore VIC-20

judge
28-06-16, 22:43
Showing as connected but nothing working.

Connected to what?

pfj
28-06-16, 22:46
My "service" provider. I appreciate there are things that cannot be discussed on the forum obviously.

judge
28-06-16, 22:57
My "service" provider. I appreciate there are things that cannot be discussed on the forum obviously.

And they won't be, so why try?

pfj
28-06-16, 23:04
I'm not trying. The problem with the update indicator is resolved. That's all I needed help with. No further questions your honour.