PDA

View Full Version : Box is locking up/freezing

thejoker
28-06-16, 09:05
My xtrend box is locking up/freezing daily. Box is fast and working great but just locks up requiring me to power off and back on again..

Ive replaced hard drive with a brand new western digital scorpio as previous was second hand toshiba from eBay. Ive done a full reflash with latest vix image. I also do not use any plugins or anything really, just use it for sky UK.

It kind of reminds me of the memory leak the vu duo had...

Can anyone offer any help?

Andy_Hazza
28-06-16, 15:22
Where is the locking up/freezing occurring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thejoker
28-06-16, 23:56
Where? What do you mean? The box is completely frozen, its needed to be powered off and on at plug to get it going again. Its very much like the vu duo memory leak...Ive just done another reflash and this time I've created a swap file...

dfox
29-06-16, 07:32
I think Andy is asking at what point does the box freeze. EPG download, channel change etc

Andy_Hazza
29-06-16, 08:18
The Xtrend ET8000 most certainly does NOT need a swap file. You are just gonna cause more problems/issues long term with a swap file enabled.
Yeah just tell us when n how it freezes/locks up so we can try n replicate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangord30
29-06-16, 08:20
I've an 8000 so will help where can

Bangord30
29-06-16, 08:21
Did you restore when reflashed?

twol
29-06-16, 08:50
it would also help to see debug logs menu/setup/system/logs ..... 1) save logs to usb stick not flash 2) enable debug logs

thejoker
24-07-16, 13:02
It freezes up at no particular time, just watching bbc1 it could just freeze. A lot of the time it actually freezes but the sound continues which is rather weird. No remote control function, just sound working...

Yes will try checking logs to see...

Larry-G
24-07-16, 13:05
5 years you've been here, you should know by now that you need to at least provide a debug log if you ever hope to find the cause of your problem. Otherwise people are just left guessing and that helps no one, least of all you.