PDA

View Full Version : BBC Red Button interactive - what numbers are they?

fredphoesh
27-06-16, 14:00
Hello guys,
I have searched and read the (mostly very old) posts about Red Button channels, but none offered a solution that works for me.

Do you know what the channel numbers are for BBC Red button, I would like to watch all the Wimbledon Tennis on the other streams.

Thanks,
Mark.

Andy_Hazza
27-06-16, 15:33
If you have ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) setup you will already have a BBC Interactive Bouquet. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adm
27-06-16, 16:58
On mine, freeview 601
freesat 981,

If you don't get sound press the audio button on the remote and select the alternative audio channel. on my box the default is always the wrong audio channel

fredphoesh
27-06-16, 21:35
Hi,
I don't use autobouquet because the last time I tried it made a bit of a mess, and it had 90 percent of stuff I am not interested in... I guess I can use EChannelizer and save my bouquet, then use autobouquet, get the numbers, then restore my customised bouquet and add those ones...

tx for the headsup about the audio, yep, i know that audio stream issue...

If you have ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) setup you will already have a BBC Interactive Bouquet. [emoji4]
Sent from Tapatalk

Huevos
27-06-16, 22:36
Do you know what the channel numbers are for BBC Red button

Hi,
I don't use autobouquet because the last time I tried it made a bit of a mess, and it had 90 percent of stuff I am not interested in... I guess I can use EChannelizer and save my bouquet, then use autobouquet, get the numbers, then restore my customised bouquet and add those ones...

What do you mean what are the channel numbers? If you make your own bouquets with a channel editor they will have whatever numbers you give them.

fredphoesh
28-06-16, 00:20
I mean some interactive channels have numbers instead of names, like 53042 etc...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Huevos
28-06-16, 01:20
I mean some interactive channels have numbers instead of names, like 53042 etc... Believe it or not they are named BBC RB X.

fredphoesh
28-06-16, 06:30
Believe it or not they are named BBC RB X.
Ok cool I'll try with autobouquet and copy them to my bouquet... Tx, Mark.

Rob van der Does
28-06-16, 06:35
Or simply scan 28.2E if you're going to make your own bouquets anyway.

fredphoesh
28-06-16, 06:55
Or simply scan 28.2E if you're going to make your own bouquets anyway.
Yeah, I do only have 28.2 anyway, but could find out what transponder frequently it's on and scan just that! Majorly less mess and faster. Thanks for the idea.

Huevos
28-06-16, 08:14
Just a normal scan of 28E will find them.

fredphoesh
28-06-16, 08:15
Just a normal scan of 28E will find them.
Yes but as I've said, I don't want hundreds of channels I don't want to see.

Rob van der Does
28-06-16, 09:36
Yes but as I've said, I don't want hundreds of channels I don't want to see.
I thought you were making your own bouquets? So in there you only put channels you want to see.
The 'all' list is just a huge database, over which you have no control (and shouldn't even be interested in).

fredphoesh
28-06-16, 09:39
I thought you were making your own bouquets? So in there you only put channels you want to see.
The 'all' list is just a huge database, over which you have no control (and shouldn't even be interested in).
Hi yeah I've had my own bouquet for a year, so I don't want to clutter it up too much, at all... Scanning a transponder or two would be preferable...

Rob van der Does
28-06-16, 09:43
Scanning has no influence on any bouquet (apart from a possible <N/A> when a service has disappeared).

fredphoesh
28-06-16, 09:48
Scanning has no influence on any bouquet (apart from a possible <N/A> when a service has disappeared).
But doesn't it add hundreds of channels to the bouquet list, ie when I see my bouquet folders, will all these newly found channels be cluttering my (bouquet) folder list?

Huevos
28-06-16, 10:38
But doesn't it add hundreds of channels to the bouquet list, ie when I see my bouquet folders, will all these newly found channels be cluttering my (bouquet) folder list? No. Manual scan does not touch bouquets, except Last Scanned.

Just do a single transponder scan of 12421 H.

Rob van der Does
28-06-16, 12:05
But doesn't it add hundreds of channels to the bouquet list, ie when I see my bouquet folders, will all these newly found channels be cluttering my (bouquet) folder list?
Nope, that's the very reason you make your own bouquets. You add services (from the all list, the data base) to one or more bouquets.

fredphoesh
28-06-16, 12:13
Nope, that's the very reason you make your own bouquets. You add services (from the all list, the data base) to one or more bouquets.

Ok brilliant, thanks I will do that.
Cheers
Mark.