PDA

View Full Version : Vu_Duo+ Additional Tuners

bazigar007
22-06-16, 11:17
Hi I have a VU+ Duo currently with twin Sat tuners can I add VU+ Hybrid Dual/Twin 2 x DVB-C/T2 Tuner for Vu+ UNO / SOLO SE V2 / ULTIMO / DUO2 or similar to it. I want cable receiver added.
Anyone has tried this or added similar ?

duoduo
22-06-16, 11:22
You can purchase the vu plus turbo USB tuner from the forum sponsor (click banner above) for £49, this will give you a cable tuner.

bazigar007
22-06-16, 11:31
ok seen it, Thanks will order next couple of days.

Andy_Hazza
22-06-16, 11:40
Enquire first as the Vu+ Duo is such an old receiver now in comparison to the newer receivers today, it may struggle. But send an email to WoS for clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

micscave
22-06-16, 15:05
Andy_Hazza has a good point.

I've got one attached to my Ultimo and it'll freeze sometimes and the box will have to be re-booted to bring the cable tuner back into life. I put this down to being quite an old receiver.

Huevos
22-06-16, 15:14
Also consider the Sundtek USB tuner as that is compatible with all receivers, not just Vu's.

Rob van der Does
23-06-16, 05:01
I've got one attached to my Ultimo and it'll freeze sometimes and the box will have to be re-booted to bring the cable tuner back into life. I put this down to being quite an old receiver.
The Ultimo should be capable of this. And it's not that old :)

sundtek
24-06-16, 05:42
Also consider the Sundtek USB tuner as that is compatible with all receivers, not just Vu's.

We have also published a streamingserver for Linux and MacOSX based systems which work with our Sundtek USB TV Tuners, we have also ported it to Android already (the streamingserver can directly run on Android based systems).

Once the streamingserver is started it can be accessed via the local webbrowser
http://localhost:22000

http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,2099.0.html

micscave
24-06-16, 07:22
The Ultimo should be capable of this. And it's not that old :)

Hey Rob
None the less I do get this sometimes. I have seen a thread stating to put the permanent time shift to 10 seconds, I've done this and see if it makes a difference.

I'm not knocking my Ultimo, I love the thing, it's amazing & running 6 tuners.