PDA

View Full Version : Vu + Duo Tuner/Reception Reports here

catseye
11-05-10, 18:03
As one of the big plus's with the new Vu+ Duo is it's tuner sensitivity thought it would be good idea to post findings here

Please post what channels you can pick up, your location, lnb & dish type etc:cool:

Sicilian
11-05-10, 19:42
I think channels would be too long to list lol. Personally I'd list satellites, size of dish used and area.

catseye
11-05-10, 21:59
I think channels would be too long to list lol. Personally I'd list satellites, size of dish used and area.

Yes m8 I was referring to some of those difficult to receive sats here in UK & ROI such as Nilesat 7 west, some transponders on the current Astra 23.5 East, 38 East (Multichoice Africa Package)
& especially some of those difficult to see birds @ 53, 62, 75 East for example

Would be interesting to hear from our european friends, including scotland:D, on their reception reports using the Vu boxes

ps i will post my findings as soon as im given the remote back:whistle:

Likvid
12-05-10, 11:25
I receive Astra 2D in Stockholm, Sweden.

I am using a Channel Master(ASC Signal) 120cm with original feed and Inverto White Tech C120 LNB and Jaeger SMR1224 motor.

With Vu+ Duo i can get the vertical transponders about 20/7, with my Sky HD+ DSI8215 and DM800HD receivers i could only get it 10/7

With all receivers i can get the horizontal transponders 24/7 even when it's raining.

Also i can receive many more channels now in Nilesat 7W.

mk753
12-05-10, 11:47
Hi,
Can we get Multichoice 36E here in the UK Midlands? What dish size do we need for it? I would love to see the sports channel on Multichoice.

TIA

catseye
12-05-10, 18:15
Hi,
Can we get Multichoice 36E here in the UK Midlands? What dish size do we need for it? I would love to see the sports channel on Multichoice.

TIA

There have been reports on another board of some multichoice channels being received in West Yorks using 1.2 meter dish so i would guess its possible

How far does your dish go across the arc?

My 1.2 dish will move 60 east to west but havent had time yet to try those birds low on horizon

catseye
15-05-10, 18:15
Can confirm you can receive some of the 36 east multichoice package here in the UK

Tested today & picked up BBC Knowledge & various other channels destined for South Africa

Also had Express AM22 @ 53 East

Al Libiya channel on 11618V is the stongest transponder from that bird with readings of 34% SNR with vu+ box

Carlmax
16-05-10, 10:20
First hi everyone and thanks to Anthony from ********* for the speedy delivery i got my box about 10 days ago but i would like to confirm i can receive nilesat with a 1 .1 meter dish in east yorkshire the channels i was picking up ie. america plus show comedy show cinema 1 2 and 3 and some others .Catseye you dont say were you are and what size dish you have

catseye
16-05-10, 11:37
Soz m8 -north worcestershire with channel master 1.2 meter dish & invercom twin lnb with feedhorn

Carlmax- what lnb you using m8 & are you getting good reception 24/7 from nilesat

Previously i could only get nilesat at night so really pleased so far with tuner in the vu

Carlmax
16-05-10, 19:35
@Catseye im using a smart 0.2 lnb nothing fancy m8 i dont get reception 24/7 usually on a nightime from say 8ish till i go to bed then in upto about when i wake till about 9 am mate