PDA

View Full Version : Screen position Duo2

daz450
21-06-16, 21:18
Since upgrading to .13 latest vix keep getting fuzzy white lines down the side of the screen, only way to fix it is change the screen position settings?

Trial
22-06-16, 08:18
Hi,
disable overscan on your TV then you donīt have to mess around with the screen position. When OSD-Position has scalles down the GUI to much you get fuzzy areas around the OSD as these areas are not cleared by the driver.

ciao

daz450
22-06-16, 17:01
Overscan is already disabled , still same issue again today this time its on the opposite side of the screen.

Andy_Hazza
22-06-16, 17:23
Reset back to default settings on your user interface display settings..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial
22-06-16, 18:53
Hi,
what are the values of OSD position. I think they should be 0,0,720,576.

ciao

daz450
24-06-16, 13:59
Hi,
what are the values of OSD position. I think they should be 0,0,720,576.

ciao

they alter themselves after the box has been powered off and back on?

judge
24-06-16, 14:47
Are you saving the settings by restarting E2?

Rob van der Does
24-06-16, 15:10
Are you saving the settings by restarting E2?
That isn't required; leaving the screen using 'OK' and answering the 'do you want...' question will save the settings.

Question is: is the box powered off via the menu or via a power cut?

daz450
24-06-16, 16:37
standby then power cut.

Rob van der Does
24-06-16, 16:53
So that's it then.
That can cause a lot of damage (soft- and hardware wise).

daz450
24-06-16, 21:58
So that's it then.
That can cause a lot of damage (soft- and hardware wise).

Been turning it off like that for 2 years never a problem til latest update?

abu baniaz
24-06-16, 22:05
Do you kill the power to your PC or shut it down properly? The receivers need to shut down properly, they are like computers. If the HDD does not shut down properly, you risk damaging it.

There is "deep standy", which is "shut down" but with ability to wake up for timers etc. You can kill the power after it goes to deep sleep.

Rob van der Does
25-06-16, 04:57
Then you have been very lucky. Some people are, in spite of asking for trouble :eek:

Ashley69
25-06-16, 06:54
So if I understand this correctly is when I put my box into standby and then turn it off completely (I.E whether unplugging or using back switch) then I am doing this wrong.:confused:
So it should go into deep standby before turning it off.
Saying this, my boxes are always on standby when not in use and I can only remember turning the boxes off a few times for a USB flash or I had a few hangs in the early days.

Rob van der Does
25-06-16, 07:24
Standby is virtually the same as 'on'; only video and audio outputs are switched off. Power consumption will still be 10-20W, (virtually) the same as when active.
Same as your laptop when the screen goes black.
It's a computer, and in standby it fully up and running. Going to deep sleep will properly shut the box down, and from then on the power consumption will be less then 1W (so there is no need to cut the power at all).

If you really want to save power, you should use the power timers to shut down the box when not in use.

Trial
25-06-16, 09:46
Hi,
you do not get big trouble always when you shut the box by the power switch BUT you get always little trouble when you do it this way as not all changes are saved. So if you were wondering why the settings are different from yesterday it is very likely because of the way you shut down the box.

ciao

Ashley69
25-06-16, 10:04
Standby is virtually the same as 'on'; only video and audio outputs are switched off. Power consumption will still be 10-20W, (virtually) the same as when active.
Same as your laptop when the screen goes black.
It's a computer, and in standby it fully up and running. Going to deep sleep will properly shut the box down, and from then on the power consumption will be less then 1W (so there is no need to cut the power at all).

If you really want to save power, you should use the power timers to shut down the box when not in use.

Thanks Rob

If I use a power timer to put into deep standby I presume i will have to use power timer to wake up the box to run Cross epg?. I see epg import has this option in the menu.

Andy_Hazza
25-06-16, 10:13
Yeah just use power timer to put receiver into Deep Standby at xxx time. Then use power timer to wake up at xxx time, you could then run the ABM n CrossEPG schedules around this n then put the receiver back into Standby or Deep Standby.

Ashley69
25-06-16, 10:17
I have just monitored my Electricity Monitor going from stand by to deep standby. It drops by 16kw.
Going from on to standby it it doesn't drop any KW.
Turning off my Tv and putting box into DS it drops by 96 kw. Must have a power hungry TV. Fortunately I do have power timers set on my TV as I have a habit of dropping off to sleep watching TV in the evening. (age thing I think)
So thanks for a the info chaps.

Rob van der Does
25-06-16, 11:06
A modern TV is only allowed to use max 1W when in standby.
And a TV in 'standby' is actually what we call 'deep sleep' for our STB's (meaning nothing is active, apart from the IR-part of the front panel and a ticking wake up timer clock).

daz450
25-06-16, 15:11
Where abouts in the settngs are the options to set power timers?

Ashley69
25-06-16, 15:21
Menu/timers/power timers

daz450
26-06-16, 00:32
Does the box still record in deep standby?

Rob van der Does
26-06-16, 04:47
Does the box still record in deep standby?
The short answer is 'yes'.
The long answer is: no, but the box wakes up in time all by itself for any recording. Depending on the timer settings and what's next, the box will return to deep when done.

robbiebox361
04-11-16, 18:37
i had a prob similar after install,i couldnt see the begining of the words to the left and bottom of screen too low. i used.....menu..setup. system . user interface . position setup ..then you get menu to move left.right.up.down height..etc..like fine tuning.....but i forget everytime ,and start from fresh...i will have to bookmark this page..lol..hope this helps somebody..even if only me..lol..bobby..thank you for the others inputs.
p.s. l bookmarked

Rob van der Does
04-11-16, 20:24
How can? OSD-setup is part of the first install wizard, so you can't miss it.

Sicilian
05-11-16, 07:44
How can? OSD-setup is part of the first install wizard, so you can't miss it.

Probably they skip the FIW.