PDA

View Full Version : Solo 2, with OpenVIX 4.1 - Network Mounts problem

jeallen01
21-06-16, 15:10
Good afternoon

The box, with 4.1, came from WoS about a month ago, and I am now trying to set some things up.

Already having trouble accessing it from my PC - VuCC, FTP, Telnet, PuttyTEL not working because there seem to be issues with logins & P/Ws (don't know what is causing that).

Thought I would see if I could set some other things up - notably Mounting the hard disk on the PC, but every time I "Browse the network neighbourhood" and try to select the PC's IP address I can't get to the screen that allows you to set the login name and P/W for the PC. If I try to click anything on the remote then all I get is the rotating VIX logo in the top left of the screen for a very long period indeed. OTOH, the very first time I selected the PC's IP address I did get to the options screen - but not now, and the problem seems to be spreading to the other network device IP addresses.

Sometimes the only option is then to physically switch the power to the box OFF and then reboot it - and then the same thing happens again.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is?
NB: complete Linux & Linux box beginner - but I AM trying to learn!

Thanks in advance.