PDA

View Full Version : Please help... newbie here!

kapil87
20-06-16, 16:41
Hi All,

So I am looking to purchase the Technomate TM-5402 HD M3
Excuse my stupidity here, but for this box to work, i will require a satellite dish also? Or Am I wrong and will just need an internet connection wired to the box?

Andy_Hazza
20-06-16, 16:47
You will need a satellite dish and your viewing card to view sky. Can I ask why you are going for this type of receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanman
20-06-16, 17:52
Maybe because his budget is low or he just wants this box, why does it matter which box he wants to use can you not just give advice & stop with the bullshit, buy this box & use this image fs it's getting old now.
Why don't you try to be civil.

If the advice is not what the OP wants he can ignore it or not.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
20-06-16, 18:40
Although not a linux box, the Technomate TM-5402 HD M3 is recommended by a few installers, the tuners are said to be amazingly sensitive and can pull in many more channels than other receivers using the same equipment.

Sicilian
20-06-16, 19:28
Hi All,

So I am looking to purchase the Technomate TM-5402 HD M3
Excuse my stupidity here, but for this box to work, i will require a satellite dish also? Or Am I wrong and will just need an internet connection wired to the box?

What exact channels are you expecting to receive just by buying a TM-5402?

Andy_Hazza
20-06-16, 19:31
Yeah I've read they have good tuners! [emoji4]

rudolfsmate
02-08-16, 10:39
Although not a linux box, the Technomate TM-5402 HD M3 is recommended by a few installers, the tuners are said to be amazingly sensitive and can pull in many more channels than other receivers using the same equipment.

Hi DaMacFunkin, Apologies for singling you out :p

Been mulling over one of these boxes for years however I've never got round to going ahead with one. Long story short, been using XBMC/Kodi for just under 6 years and whilst I love it something with a simpler setup for the kids/wife would be great.

I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say/ask on here so apologies if my wording is a bit cryptic. I don't want to fall foul of the forum rules etc.

Basically I want to have a service that is as close to the real feel as possible. For my first venture into this I don't want to spend more than £100 on a box and having read countless reviews I've ended up here at the TM-5402. Ideally I want a close to the EPG for the main provider as I can get along with all the channels plus picture quality. Being able to record would be a plus however I have a wired network with NAS, which may or may not be of use?

I have 3 AFTV boxes with a premium sports setup which I'm happy with however this has been an itch I've wanted to scratch for a long time.

Thanks for your, or anyone else's help :thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
02-08-16, 10:44
Look at the OS Mini also.

rudolfsmate
02-08-16, 10:53
Look at the OS Mini also.

Thanks.

Of the two, which would you say is the better and why?