PDA

View Full Version : Vu Solo 2 Open Vix problems

Pugilist
20-06-16, 13:28
Long story but here goes;

I bought a new Vu SOLO 2 box and set it up without a problem, I installed open vix image which I like. First mistake; I updated picons through install plugins and noticed my internal flash became full and it would allow me to update other plugins. I now have a hard drive installed
I did factory settings and then I got errors on retuning (Time out error twice)
I thought I would have a look at other images to see what I would prefer, I followed the procedure and placed the image on a fat32 usb stick, after restarting it by-:confused:passed the usb and went straight to open vix screen to start the setup again
I have tried 3 usb sticks and its the same. I cannot even update or install open vix again.
I would appreciate some help as I am now at a loss at what to do

Thanks for your support

twol
20-06-16, 13:57
So if the box boots to vix ...... Blue button, ViX, image manager, yellow button download image from feeds, then Imthink its blue button flash image.
If it works will reboot .... Then go,through normal wizard.

No need for factory reset etc and hopefully this time will work.

Ref usb,s .. See this so often and its not formatted correctly, usb too big, or,that usb don,t work with E2 flash:)

Pugilist
20-06-16, 15:14
So if the box boots to vix ...... Blue button, ViX, image manager, yellow button download image from feeds, then Imthink its blue button flash image.
If it works will reboot .... Then go,through normal wizard.

No need for factory reset etc and hopefully this time will work.

Ref usb,s .. See this so often and its not formatted correctly, usb too big, or,that usb don,t work with E2 flash:)

Just to reiterate

When the box boots and I get to the open vix screen (before setup) I press the blue button for Vix image manager, press yellow button to download the image from feeds and then press the blue button to flash image?
Question do I keep the usb in with the open vix image on it during this time?
My internal flash is full, how can I get to that to move picons out onto my hdd as I am getting restart with "time out" and it restarts during service scan (when it reaches 99%)

Thank you

twol
20-06-16, 15:25
Perhaps someone else can comment but I thought there were no flash issues on Solo2?
If you can flash from the receiver (couch flash) as described you don,t need a usb and if it works it will wipe the flash clean.
If you really have filled your flash then you need to ftp into the box with something like filezilla and clean out whatever is filling up flash.
Then do the couch flash.

I would place your picons on a usb stick not hdd

Andy_Hazza
20-06-16, 16:06
No need to couch flash with the usb stick in. Blue button > ViX > Image Manager. Yellow button and download latest image, after a few minutes close the window with the red button and then highlight the image and blue button to Restore.
Flashing a new image will wipe your flash memory and then setup as new.
Use your usb stick to store your Picons in future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pugilist
20-06-16, 16:12
No need to couch flash with the usb stick in. Blue button > ViX > Image Manager. Yellow button and download latest image, after a few minutes close the window with the red button and then highlight the image and blue button to Restore.
Flashing a new image will wipe your flash memory and then setup as new.
Use your usb stick to store your Picons in future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, will try this evening and will let you know