PDA

View Full Version : CCTV question

john doe
18-06-16, 19:34
i have 8 CCTV 1080p cameras setup, connected to a pvr with HDD and connected to router, by Ethernet that is located in the living room.currently using a mouse to access viewing etc

I want to move the PVR to a more secure location (cellar, which is simple enough), but would still like to view from my front room. is there any way of doing this?

Ashley69
18-06-16, 20:13
Firstly your pvr needs a Ethernet connection to your router. Home plugs or feed wire down to cellar.
Now it depends on what you are watching your Cctv on. Most Cctv systems will come with software for your pc/laptop. You can google Cctv viewing software if you haven't. Also there are loads of apps to connect to your Cctv for Tablets and phone. I haven't found an app to use direct from my tv yet. Other than this a long HDMI lead to you tv.

john doe
18-06-16, 20:23
Firstly your pvr needs a Ethernet connection to your router. Home plugs or feed wire down to cellar.
Now it depends on what you are watching your Cctv on. Most Cctv systems will come with software for your pc/laptop. You can google Cctv viewing software if you haven't. Also there are loads of apps to connect to your Cctv for Tablets and phone. I haven't found an app to use direct from my tv yet. Other than this a long HDMI lead to you tv.

it will be connected direct to router via ethernet . I did want to watch direct on tv, already have it through mobile & laptop. I suppose I could view direct from laptop, just need to research more for tv

imish
18-06-16, 21:13
you can also get an ethernet > HDMI converter and use that to view it on your TV (without the need for a client).

Sicilian
19-06-16, 15:06
I use the Edision HMDI modulator, connected to distribution amp, feeding HD over RF cables to all TV's around my home http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/EDISION-HDMI-MODULATOR-single-DVB-T-Full-HD-Distribution-over-Coax