PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a recordable box... which one??

arnyjohn69
18-06-16, 12:35
Hi,
I've had my F3 skybox using CCCAM for 2 years of so now and I'm looking to get a box the records. Looked around for a while and finally gonna make the plunge. Just need some advice on what to get. Read somewhere that there are new boxes come soon but I think that was for the 4k stuff which doesn't bother me! Was looking at either the Miraclebox Premium Twin+ Plus 2x DVB-S2 or the VU+ Solo 2 Twin Tuner DVB-S2.

Also what is the best CCCAM or IPTV? The CCCAM's I have trialed the last few months have been freezing every so often so wondering if IPTV is any better? If CCCAM freezes (especially watching the football which is a right pain!) is it due more the the provider or my old F3 skybox!?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Matt

Ford1
18-06-16, 13:34
no talk of cams on this forum buddy, remove that from your post and you will get more help.

This forum does not support the theft of paytv.

Before you decide on a box, give us a budget and needs, i.e. number of tuners, internal/external hdd, etc

Andy_Hazza
18-06-16, 13:36
Both mentioned boxes are excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
18-06-16, 16:59
ET8500 is available at sponsors for a discount price.

john doe
18-06-16, 17:12
you may want to think about changing to oscam soon

twol
18-06-16, 19:01
Obviously I am biased :) , but having had both ET8000/ET10000, the ET8500 is the best receiver from Xtrend by far, and is still receiving firmware updates.

By far the easiest box to add an HD (but 2.5 only ... just slide it in) and with the multiple boot (image) facility its so easy to update without losing the previous image .
Actually pleased to see ViX at last selling this receiver ..... Will even provide the code so that you can flash either image if ViX are interested! :)

Great receiver!

Rob van der Does
18-06-16, 20:54
Actually pleased to see ViX at last selling this receiver .....
We don't sell anything :confused:

Andy_Hazza
18-06-16, 21:28
He means WoS. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
18-06-16, 22:25
We don't sell anything :confused:

Rob, you are too intelligent for such comments, you know what I meant:)

Rob van der Does
19-06-16, 05:47
Well, first of all: I'm not that clever at all.
But more importantly: many people seem to think that 'we' (i.e. ViX) are actually the same party as our sponsor.
We're not.

twol
19-06-16, 07:52
Well, first of all: I'm not that clever at all.
But more importantly: many people seem to think that 'we' (i.e. ViX) are actually the same party as our sponsor.
We're not.
Point taken:)

arnyjohn69
27-06-16, 21:24
how do you get sponsor discount then?
Thanks

Sicilian
28-06-16, 05:31
how do you get sponsor discount then?
Thanks

Forum discounts were stopped in favour of keener prices a long time ago. ET8500 already have an unbeatable price.

twol
28-06-16, 09:50
Forum discounts were stopped in favour of keener prices a long time ago. ET8500 already have an unbeatable price.

When I think about the price I paid for my 2 ET8500's, seeing this price really hurts :) ... but then I wouldn't have had so much fun for the last 2 years if I hadn't bought early :):)