PDA

View Full Version : [ET7x00] Can't change value for positioner setup longitude latitude USALS (MOTOR)

Diego
18-06-16, 10:05
Hello everybody,

It's Diego.

With new Openvix 4.1 am not able to set up the motor positioner setting of latitude and longitude.

I use advanced setting and select the selecting satellite (USALS) .
Then I go to longitude or latitude but I can't change values.
I can can navigate number wit right and left Arrow, but I can't change value.
I tried selecting number using numbers on remote control , but perhaps there is another procedure to seek.
In any way I tried using all the remote button of my remote control to make longitude or latitude value changed but nothing.

Hoping in your kind help I send you my best regards.
Diego

tommmcg1459
18-06-16, 17:58
Hi
Just a newbie myself but, dont think you can change values when using usals...its all pre-determined...you need to set dish up best you can on 0.8w and selecting usals allows for other sats to be found...if i'm wrong i'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will keep you right

Diego
18-06-16, 18:08
Thank for the reply tommmcg1459 well usals need to know your position (latidude and longitude) in order to find out right sat position with reference to you area position.

Unfortunately the problem or bug seem more severe than what i was thinking.

I selected in input device the remote device compatible with Et7x00 but unnfortunately I'm not able also changing frequencies value in manual scan or in general in the Windows of tuner setting.
But if I change channel number using the decoder normally it change number so I'm sure the remote control work.

Thanks for any help.
Take care:)
Diego
ps
I think to go downgrade to an older openvix image.

abu baniaz
18-06-16, 18:11
if you are using USALS, you don't need to go to "Advanced". Stay in Simple mode.

Rob van der Does
18-06-16, 21:33
1- There can be very good reasons to use 'advanced'; I always do.
2- Just checked this on all my boxes (I use USALS myself) and I found no issue. But then again: I don't have the 7k, so it might be a dedicated 7k issue.
Can you please go to the WEB-IF and see if you can use the RC-numbers from there to do the job?

Huevos
19-06-16, 00:05
Works here (LX3).

Diego
19-06-16, 11:11
Thank you to all for replies:

to abu baniaz: I have to use advanced mode.

to Rob Van der does. I tried change numbers with webif console and it works. I downgrade to openvix 4.1.01 and remote control works perfectly there I can change long and lat setting.
Look that in 4.1.12 I can't change numbers also of the lan setting with remote control. Upgrading various version of openvix I noticed the procedure say thare are 4 bad block onto openvix image but it say they aren't critical.

Have a nice time there hoping see a bugfix in future and thank you for help of everybody

:)

Diego

Rob van der Does
19-06-16, 12:47
Thanks for reporting.
'bad blocks' are no problem: all flash has them.

Rob van der Does
20-06-16, 06:40
This issue should be fixed in build 013, which is about to be released.

Huevos
20-06-16, 18:52
Where is the commit that fixes that?

Rob van der Does
20-06-16, 19:15
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/tree/3.4/meta-brands/meta-xtrend/recipes-drivers
The change log there is not complete: it should also say 'fix (virtual) keyboard'.

Diego
21-06-16, 17:41
Hello It's Diego,

confirm bug fixed..

Now remote control of xtrend 7x00 work correctly, I can change value.

Thank you again to all.

Have a nice time there.
Diego:)