PDA

View Full Version : [GI-XPEED LX3] 4 Tuners, Only 2 Have Signal

dfox
17-06-16, 17:24
Hi All,

More problems :p

I used to have 3 x DVB-S2 and 1 x DVB-C in my LX3 which worked great.

Long story short the LX3 cable tuner seemed to be more effective than the Mutant 2400 at my in laws house so myself and my father in law are swapping receivers.

Decided to change to 2 sat tuners and 2 cable tuners in the LX3. Amongst other problems with tuners I have received and installed the 2nd cable tuner and this time the receiver recognised both cable tuners, so 4 tuners althogether. Happy days, or so i thought.

Recently online updated to 012 from 008 by the way on 4.1

Connected all cables up and I am getting signal on 3 tuners only, Tuner A (Sat) Tuner C (Cable) & Tuner D (Cable) I get nothing on Tuner B (Sat) but when I switch the sat cable so I only have 1 input I get signal.

Also I have 99% signal on both cable tuners but when trying to select a cable channel I get 'No data on transponder' on tuner c, if tuner c is disabled the channel comes on with tuner d.

Hopefully this makes sense. By the way had this setup with the Mutant and had signal on all tuners.

Bootloader is v3.44, I have been sent v5.0 bootloader by Golden Media so should I flash this to see if it makes a difference.

Any help is appreciated.

abu baniaz
17-06-16, 20:27
Try the bootloader they sent you. I have 2 sat and 2 hybrid tuners without a problem.

Can you upload the bootloader please?

Can you also forward me their contact details by PM please.

Thanks.

dfox
17-06-16, 20:34

Thanks.

Apologies I meant bootloader is 4.0 but I think that is still more recent than on Openvix website?

Abu any ideas on my issue? should I flash latest bootloader and flash image from scratch and see how that works?48536

dfox
17-06-16, 20:43
Try the bootloader they sent you. I have 2 sat and 2 hybrid tuners without a problem.

Thanks.

Thanks Abu, Is that on latest image? and what bootloader?

Bootloader uploaded in previous edited post

abu baniaz
17-06-16, 20:49
I am using the same bootloader as you uploaded. Using OpenVix 4.1 012 (Release).

Are you using a splitter (if so which one) or loop through cable?

abu baniaz
17-06-16, 20:57
Just re-read your post with regards to the sat tuner. Which tuners did you have on the Mutant?

dfox
17-06-16, 21:27
I am using the same bootloader as you uploaded. Using OpenVix 4.1 012 (Release).

Ah right I will need to flash that bootloader then as I am using v3.44

Yes using a splitter, not sure of make and model just a 500-1000mhz splitter, is loop through better on cable?

Just re-read your post with regards to the sat tuner. Which tuners did you have on the Mutant?

I had 2xsat and 2xcable on the mutant

abu baniaz
17-06-16, 21:44
Yes using a splitter, not sure of make and model just a 500-1000mhz splitter, is loop through better on cable?

Hope that is a typo and splitter is actually 5-1000 MHz.
Using a loop through cable is better

If the sat hardware worked on the Mutant, it is fine.

dfox
17-06-16, 22:30
Hope that is a typo and splitter is actually 5-1000 MHz.
Using a loop through cable is better

If the sat hardware worked on the Mutant, it is fine.

Yes I meant 5-1000mhz splitter.

Yes the cables from dish worked on the mutant, and all 4 tuners worked simultaneously with signal on each.

I will flash boot loader tomorrow, am I able to flash that and then flash image backup instead of setting up from scratch?

abu baniaz
18-06-16, 00:32
You do not need to flash the image again.

However, in cases where you have to rule out issues, it is best to start from scratch. For testing purposes, you just need to run ABM, install your Softcam and configs to read card.

Rest you can do later.

dfox
18-06-16, 14:44
Thanks Abu, so I can just flash this new bootloader and reboot box? Then if issues still persist flash image and start from scratch

dfox
18-06-16, 18:09

Ok flashed bootloader, didnt make any difference. Flashed image and started from scratch and still has made no difference.

Can anyone advise if there is anything I can do? Maybe take some tuners out? To elimate each one?

Andy_Hazza
18-06-16, 18:20
Can you try cable tuners in Tuner slots A and B, and satellite tuners in Tuner slots C and D?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dfox
18-06-16, 18:48
Can you try cable tuners in Tuner slots A and B, and satellite tuners in Tuner slots C and D?

All sorted now, thanks.

There was a small kink in coax cable coming in from the sat dish for tuner B.

Stripped it back and all sorted, all 4 tuners working.

Strange how that could disable a DVB-C tuner.

Thanks for all the help. appreciated.

Andy_Hazza
18-06-16, 18:53
Aahh thats great to hear. Glad you sorted it in the end. [emoji1360]

dfox
18-06-16, 19:07
Aahh thats great to hear. Glad you sorted it in the end. [emoji1360]

I am pleased, was annoying me ha ha

abu baniaz
18-06-16, 21:35