PDA

View Full Version : New Solo 2 setup; cccam, bouquets, EPG, etc

edanto
16-06-16, 20:34
I'm setting up a new Vu+ Solo2. WOS have supplied it with OpenVix, and I'm trying to get it set up. It's a few years since I have looked at Vix and I feel like I've forgotten everything, not that I knew a lot to start with.

-Autobouquet-
Got autobouquets from menu/plugins/green button/extensions
Set it up with menu/setup/service search/autobouquets 28/press menu and configured to (HD LONDON) and set to autoupdate daily.
Seems nice and easy, but I'm not sure it it's properly set up yet since I did that before scanning for channels (taking place now)

-CCcam-
I selected cccam from the plugins menu, then tried to start it but there was an error about no config file. I couldn't resolve it, but _now_ I think that I should have just copied the CCcam.cfg from my local desktop to the etc folder.

That aside, at the time I thought I would try a different cam and installed oscam from the plugins menu and ran into the same problem. I have copied the CCcam.cfg file to etc\tuxbox\config but when I try to start oscam I get an error saying there is no config and asking me to put a cfg file in etc\tuxbox\config

I then removed cccam from usr\softcam (just deleted the file that was there).

I'm not sure where that leaves me, or what is best to do. Since I can't re-install cccam (it's not an option in the plugins menu); how can I get oscam working please?

-Wife/Mother friendly-

I'm looking for advice on the best and most stable plug ins that will make the box easy for wive(s) and mother(s) in law to use.

Ideally, the channel change behaviour would be similar to sky/virgin, in that pressing Channel + - would leave the picture unchanged, but would scroll through the list of channels and show was is now/next on each channel and then zap channel when OK is pressed. Can a plug-in help with that?

A dynamically updated grid EPG showing all the channels in the current bouquet folder would be great; that's something that I've struggled with for a while.

edanto
16-06-16, 22:34
CCcam & Autobouquet are working fine now.

Any way to change the channel change behaviour so that it acts as I've described above?

Another thing that's a bit odd is that there are gaps in the EPG grid, does it take some time to update itself? Can I speed that up?

abu baniaz
16-06-16, 22:43
For AutoBouquets 28.2 issues, you are better off posting a screenshot of the settings page.

Peterj
17-06-16, 06:55
Ideally, the channel change behaviour would be similar to sky/virgin, in that pressing Channel + - would leave the picture unchanged, but would scroll through the list of channels and show was is now/next on each channel and then zap channel when OK is pressed. Can a plug-in help with that?

Use Arrow up/down, instead of Channel + - and it will behave as you describe.

edanto
06-07-16, 22:07
Thanks guys. autobouquets working fine.

I've experimented with dreambox edit to re-arrange the channels a bit, but can't quite get the hang of it. I'll post with more detailed info.

For now, the main thing I'm trying to fix is EPG. I have set up CrossEPG to download once per day, and while it works fine on some channels there are lots of channels where the EPG is empty while viewing in bouquet list mode (arrow up). If I select a channel, then the EPG info populates for now & next.

If I press EPG to view the grid, then many channels are empty.

Any chance there is a common mistake that I've made here?

abu baniaz
06-07-16, 22:14
So far you have only set up CCcam to read your card and AB 28.2 to make your bouquets. You have not set up acquiring EPG.

There is a video guide as well as text guide in the guide section.

edanto
06-07-16, 22:22
Embarassed to say I never knew the Guide area of this forum existed!

I'll go through the pdf linked here over the next few days.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28319-How-to-setup-CrossEPG-for-sky-uk-with-ViX-3-0

edanto
06-08-16, 20:19
Quick update to say that EPG is working very well, and thanks to abu baniaz for linking to the step by step pdf.

Just in case anyone else finds this thread; one simple first step not in the pdf is to mount the USB stick using these steps I got from another thread.

"press blue button then vix and then mount manager
then mount usb there and you will be able to save EPG to usb"

If the USB is the first storage device you are mounting, it seems to be normal for it to be mounted at media/hdd