PDA

View Full Version : Vu Duo - Goes to Vix Logo then goes back to Red Light

zedex
15-06-16, 18:58
Hi

My Vu Duo was working fine, an error appeared that included something related to device full.

Now when i start the Vu Duo it says starting gets to Vix logo/start screen then after about 10 seconds goes back to standby with just red light.

I have removed all USB sticks and the Internal HDD and it does not make a difference.

I have attempted to reflash and to reload the latest bootloader but the screen briefly displays a message that resembles 'Reading USB' but is scrambled as if some of the letters are in wrong order. Then just goes to logo and then standby.

The Vu Duo is original and from WoS. It is approximately 2 years old.

I am using openvix-4.0.003 and latest bootloader duo_cfe_3_0.

I can briefly get into the device via FTP while its displaying the vix logo for the 10-20 seconds.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated. :confused:

Ashley69
15-06-16, 19:11
Try the latest image. That's an old image. You don't need the boot loader.

zedex
15-06-16, 19:34
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunatly i have just tried you suggestion of using latest image and still no good. Goes to reading USB very very briefly then just does the same.

Also tried it with another USB stick with no joy :(

judge
15-06-16, 19:59
Your flash is full. You can ftp in & delete what's causing that.
Then use image manager to flash if you can't get any USB sticks working.

zedex
15-06-16, 20:24
Typical , i can't now not get it to connect via FTP. Just refuses connection.

Any other way to clear flash?

zedex
15-06-16, 20:32
Now doing this so think its hardware related :confused::(

zedex
18-06-16, 12:51
Anybody got any more ideas? I would change the Caps but mine doesn't have the ones that cause the red light problem.
I want to clear the flash memery but can't get the dam thing to stay on long enough to FTP into it.

zedex
20-06-16, 19:24
Just a quick update. Gave up and left box unplugged for a few days, found an old USB stick in my draw and tried a reflash, low and behold it worked. Not sure why the cheapest oldest USB stick worked and my 2 newer better ones that I have used before didn't?
Anyway I'm back on :cool: . Thanks to those that replied! :thumbsup:

Have also now linked the box to my forum username and email so I can get the logs should i have issues in future. Something I should have done originally. Would advise others to do the same.