PDA

View Full Version : Vu Kodi

orange1234
15-06-16, 13:15
I have just seen and installed Vu Kodi (as opposed to kodi direct). I have a few questions.

1) Can I install the Husham repository?

2) How do I exit the Kodi. I ended up having to install a wireless mouse and keyboard to select the exit button. I am wondering if this can this be done via the Vu remote control?

3) is this a stable plugin, can I treat it like an android install or is this Vu Kodi limited to 'specially coded apps it comes with'?

I thought I'd ask before I bugger up my system and have to re install. I also noticed when I installed VU Kodi about 6 other plugins came with it, is this normal, and will they disappear if Vu Kodi is uninstalled

Willmoore
15-06-16, 15:07
1) you can install any repository you like
2) Power - quit ( from within the Kodi menu)
3) yes
The add on's that came along with it will delete if you remove Kodi. I just removed the add on's and it didn't cause a problem.

Stanman
15-06-16, 17:23
It's a fully function kodi. You get skin error messages but it works fine.

Installed Orro on mine and it'd s beaut.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

orange1234
15-06-16, 18:00
Thanks Willmoore and Stanman

I tried installing the Titan Husham repo wizard and it didn't work :( I was hoping I could use a repo wizard so I could get all the good stuff in one go without having to install each repo and it's app separately.

Stanman I might try Orro, does it have the Istream?

Anyone else got any recommendations for a repo wizzards that works on Vu Kodi?

I'm anticipating being excited soon :D

Willmoore
15-06-16, 20:51
Install the ares wizard. www.areswizard.co.uk

micscave
15-06-16, 21:06
Wookie wizard works well on my Solo 2

orange1234
19-06-16, 17:33
I've now got Kodi Vu working and I'm hopeful, well more than that actually - I'm mildly excited, and I waiting for the next update that will hopefully fix a few niggles:

1) Once you're in an app, and you scroll through find a category, then you go to next page etc. As far as I can see the only way to exit the app is to retrace all your steps backwards …through all 11 steps, before you are out. Has anyone found a way to quite an app immediately?

2) What I did like about the old Kodi Direct was the predictive suggestions, and the keeping of old searches so you can reuse them. Obviously a 'clear search' is imperative to save an embarrassment when in company: eek:

3) Wizards Vs Repos. I tried a few wizards and ended up uninstalling everything and started again, as the wizards seem to be of a similar philosophy that more-is-better, where I am of the opinion less-is-more. I decided to install 2 repos, TVadons and xfinity. Between them I have everything I need. I now have about 12 addons that work flawlessly and 6 I'd like to get working via proxy, but they don't have that facility. I am puzzled why the Android version of these apps (such as 1Channel) doesn’t have the option of a 'custom domain' and although these are the same app, it doesn't have a custom domain option on the Vu (well none that I could find) Maybe I’m missing something? :confused:

4) Confluence seems the fastest skin, but not the prettiest. I went through a few of the skins and most look suitable for a 14 year old that appreciates bling without finesse. Has anyone found a simple skin with a conventional menu system with the ability to show 4 rows of shortcuts that can be sorted the way you want them? I am currently using Confluence/Husham skin as this allows 25 icon bookmarks on the home page (having said that I have found about 12 working addons.) I disabled Music and Weather, so I only have three menu items, and it looks less cluttered.

If anyone can shed some pearls of wisdom on the above, I'd be grateful.
I can see once the niggles are ironed out VU Kodi will probably make my android box redundant and I can just use one remote and one box for everything :)

I'm not giving up my laptop just yet mind, as with the use of proxies in chrome I can find everything I want in seconds and stream it via a long HDMI cable. ( I have MS Wireless Display Adapter - which is more trouble than it's worth. (Note to self- list for 99p on ebay). :(

Andy_Hazza
19-06-16, 19:26
1/ Press down to the power button and exit that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gibbletts
19-06-16, 20:11
I press exit on my duo 2 to get back to the main, I also mapped the help button to back up

orange1234
20-06-16, 11:16
Maybe it's on the solo2, on mine, on some of the apps when I press exit button on the remote, and I try to use a different app, the old app appears.The only way I can get rid of it is to scroll to the top to the dots are .. and press that, and do the same on the next page all the way backwards, or the app doesn't exit. Is this problem peculiar to me?

Andy_Hazza
20-06-16, 12:17
I have Vu+ Solo 4K and Vu+ Solo2 running vuplu-kodi and both working fine here. When in a source/stream I just either click on those "3 dots" to keep going back or Exit to go back to the main screen. When at the main screen, press down and at the bottom left you have a power button, when pressed gives you various options to either Quit, Restart etc.

ragpicker
20-06-16, 12:49
Using Kodi on Vu Solo SE (Ver 2). Disappointed there appears to be no PVR built in. Would like to use IPTV Simple Client. Anyone have a suggestion in respect of this ?.

satmanbasil
20-06-16, 13:32
Hi

lets hope the next upgrade sorts out the navi x and other shortcuts to addons not working almost as good as my android boxes and firestick but still using them while these two problems remain

orange1234
20-06-16, 16:04
I have Vu+ Solo 4K and Vu+ Solo2 running vuplu-kodi and both working fine here. When in a source/stream I just either click on those "3 dots" to keep going back or Exit to go back to the main screen. When at the main screen, press down and at the bottom left you have a power button, when pressed gives you various options to either Quit, Restart etc.

On some apps I can press exit and the app exits. On most of the good ones though, when I press exit, it looks like it's exited, but when I select a different app the old app appears and the only way I can get rid of it is to use ... and back, ..back ...back ...back ...back then finally out.

Using KODI exit/close, takes longer as it takes about 30 seconds for Kodi to power down, then 30 seconds to power up. So for now ... is the quickest way. Hopefully Vu will have the Exit to mean Exit and not exit sometimes.

I noticed another 60 odd updates on Vix so maybe in time someone will fix a quick and reliable exiting of an app.

Do you know why apps such as 1Chanel that usually have a 'custom domain' doesn't on the Vu, or is it hidden?

orange1234
21-06-16, 09:27
My OH solved the problem of exiting stubborn apps the easy way.

1) Press the power off button on the remote control (top right, big red one)
2) Select Exit to Home screen. (last option)

terryuk22
13-12-16, 20:50
how would you install say for instance uk turks

orange1234
13-12-16, 21:15
If you want every repo in a flash then this is useful http://noobsandnerds.com/latest/?p=3163 it gives you every useful repo at your fingertips. Once you have installed the repos you want you'll find UK turks and everything else in there too.

terryuk22
13-12-16, 21:18
Go to System->Add-Ons->Install From Zip i don't get that screen but get it on my android box

satmanbasil
13-12-16, 22:36
hi mate

If you instal ares wizard then install pulse build ccm to your box your get uk turk and many more addons

danlou
14-12-16, 17:25
you may want to consider paradox build - excellent interface and contents :)

Bangord30
28-12-16, 02:14
Tried a few builds and find most live sports feeds don't work. Is that right???

terryuk22
28-12-16, 02:29
id like to know how to install a build

DaMacFunkin
28-12-16, 08:23
Tried a few builds and find most live sports feeds don't work. Is that right???

On all kodi install wizards, they come they go, they are illegal after all.

Bangord30
28-12-16, 08:37
Just annoying same link say works fine on an Android box. I thought full Kodi meant all working...

Trial
28-12-16, 09:07
Hi,
VU Kodi is about 80-90% Kodi. No box beside a PC will be able to play all video formats as a PC works with software and is adaptable whereas a STB works with hardware and new codecs cannot be used.

ciao

Bangord30
28-12-16, 09:10
Cheers guys. Know of any add-on for live sports that works???

giub1981
28-12-16, 10:33
Hi Guys

I am new to Kodi on vu boxes. I tried to install the Smoothstreams addon which does install, however, when I go to try and input my user info, the configure icon is grayed out? Any idea why? Does this happen to addon where you need to add your login details? Thanks

danlou
28-12-16, 13:13
NJM Soccer, dimsports via Castaway, Adrian Sports are my first 'goto' links for live streams.
Failing that, Mobdro on firestick or android box is a very good substitute as it's a reliable and watchable stream

Bangord30
28-12-16, 13:22
Sure tried them, certainly Adrian sports with no luck. Maybe I need to start from scratch. When it says Link opened in external window what do you do as I am stuck and need to reboot box lol?!

satmanbasil
28-12-16, 13:56
Hi

If you install ares wizard you get a selection of different builds you can install I use the pulse ccm build it has all the movies sport live stream etc and its updated regular last build was just before Christmas when its has been updated you can see on screen what build your using and if any updates to the build have been made if so just go to the ares wizard link and select the update it requires a key code which you simply have to log onto web page to get and it installs.

Bangord30
28-12-16, 14:06
Cheers mate. On that. updated yesterday. Still same. Do you get line uk Turks or others recommended to play live streams??? I'm with sky ISP so could be that but use own router

Mr. Mister
28-12-16, 15:32
You prolly need to check to make sure that you have smart set up disabled on your router..
Like most of the guys have already said.. Streams are up and down all the time.. Which is why all builds including my own is updated every few days..
My build is Orroo Fire Build.. its sitting in Ares wizard.. @ number 41 in the browse builds list..
There are 24 addons under the sports sections.. All with live streams..

Bangord30
28-12-16, 16:38
I've a netgear running sly ISP. What do you mean smart up mate? Thanks

Mr. Mister
28-12-16, 17:19
With $ky.. its called $ky shield.. What it is on your netgear.. ive got no idea..

Google is your friend..

Andy_Hazza
29-12-16, 06:49
I've a netgear running sly ISP. What do you mean smart up mate? Thanks

@Bangord30, simple fix. You need to log on to your Sky a/c and disable Broadband Shield. By default it has some sort of parental control, so you need to disable it and all will be fine. [emoji4]

Bangord30
29-12-16, 08:31
Already dune that guys but I'll check again they've not put it back on! 😉

I've installed this fire build so will play about with that too!

Cheers

DaMacFunkin
29-12-16, 09:14
Hi,
VU Kodi is about 80-90% Kodi. No box beside a PC will be able to play all video formats as a PC works with software and is adaptable whereas a STB works with hardware and new codecs cannot be used.

ciao

And that is debatable, i have a PC with a GT 1060 and Kodi struggles to play some 4k files, that work fine with Powerdvd16 on the same machine. I've tried Mediacodec, on / off, scalers disabled, every combination of refresh rate / display rate on or off.

Larry-G
29-12-16, 09:19
And that is debatable, i have a PC with a GT 1060 and Kodi struggles to play some 4k files, that work fine with Powerdvd16 on the same machine. I've tried Mediacodec, on / off, scalers disabled, every combination of refresh rate / display rate on or off.

What's not debatable however is that a satellite receivers ability to play different media formats is hardware defined and not upgradeable with a codek as it would be with a PC etc.

Yony
04-01-17, 16:49
Install the ares wizard. www.areswizard.co.uk

Where would you put the zip to enable it to be installed on the vu's kodi please?

Yony
04-01-17, 19:54
Where would you put the zip to enable it to be installed on the vu's kodi please?

Update: Sussed this. Didn't realise you could navigate around the system in the normal way.