PDA

View Full Version : Openvix update just killed my box !

gadget-man
14-06-16, 19:05
Well this is bad, I just selected to update today's openvix and reboot my my box and it ended up stuck at the "please wait while your box updates" I left it for quite some time but it just stayed like that.

So I had no choice but to turn it off, and now It won't load up any more, the display just keeps loading up to 100 and starts all over again.

Any ideas how to fix please ?

twol
14-06-16, 19:08
Download latest image to usb , flash image and restore the settings you backed up previously ? :)

gadget-man
14-06-16, 19:15
Ok thanks not sure how to flash via usb when it won't boot up, do I just insert the use and switch on.

Andy_Hazza
14-06-16, 19:21
See here for guides >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

copex
14-06-16, 19:22
Ok thanks not sure how to flash via usb when it won't boot up, do I just insert the use and switch on.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/

judge
14-06-16, 19:26
the display just keeps loading up to 100 and starts all over again.

Any ideas how to fix please ?

An E2 crash, if you upload a crashlog it could help. Most likely a plugin causing it.

easkey
14-06-16, 19:27
Firstly i have a Miraclebox Premium Ultra.;)

But i would say it is the same thing..........

1........ Turn off STB (Switch at back of box)
2........ Insert usb and switch on

It will ask you "do you wish to update"
Select "yes" by pressing arrow button ON BOX.

and let it go!!!!

It should now Up-Date..........:thumbsup:

Hope this will help you:sofahide:

gadget-man
14-06-16, 19:30
Thanks guys I'm all sorted, I downloaded the image and flash it via usb, the. Then restored the backup it made before it all went wrong.

Strange as all previous updates have been fine and usually are done within a few minutes.

Thanks for the quick help :-)

gadget-man
14-06-16, 19:32
By the way it still says their is new update but I will leave it after what just happened I think.

I'm worried it will break again.

Huevos
14-06-16, 19:47
To find out what is causing the icon telnet to the box and type the following.

opkg update && opkg list-upgradable

danlou
15-06-16, 11:11
I sometimes find with the Vix updates on these boxes I have to manually swtich off and on as it doesn't do it as part of upgrade.
Once rebooted it shows latest version.

Rob van der Does
15-06-16, 11:45
That is indeed possible, and most probably a sign you should reflash the box.