PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Power Menu problem

ginkster
13-06-16, 18:39
Hi guys I am just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem.

I am on 4.1 011 release and if I press and hold the standby button to bring up the power menu it goes into standby. When I turn box back on the power menu is there.

This is only happening on 4.1 as I have flashed with 4.0 and its not doing it. It is doing what it should do on 4.0 and brings up the power menu.

Just wondering if it is a bug or just me. I have checked the button setup and the power button long press is set to power menu.

For now I have set the button to restart and restart GUI.

TIA :)

birdman
14-06-16, 00:12
It works OK for me.
Well - there is an oddity.....

PowerLong (bound to PowerMenu) takes me to a power status menu with a heading of "Standby / Restart" (very briefly) which then changes to "Standby / restart" (note the R->r).
If I then press Exit I "go back" to "Standby / Restart" and another Exit from there unposts the menu.

This could be a "translation" issue, as the en_GB.po contains this:
msgid "Standby / Restart"
msgstr "Standby / Restart"

msgid "Standby / restart"
msgstr "Standby / restart"i.e. both of them(?!?). Not sure it explains the need for two Exits, though.

leshay
14-06-16, 01:06
Hi
Ah, I am also getting this one. I had thought it was just a dodgy button on my remote.

abu baniaz
14-06-16, 01:09
There was a change to button setup. May be related and in need of a slight tweak.

Rob van der Does
14-06-16, 06:22
Just wondering if it is a bug or just me. I have checked the button setup and the power button long press is set to power menu.

There was a change to button setup. May be related and in need of a slight tweak.

Indeed a bug introduced by me in the last commit; fixed for next build (i.e. 4.1.013).
Thanks for reporting :thumbsup:

ginkster
14-06-16, 08:29
I thought it was a dodgy power button aswell. but I also tried on the ios vu remote app and was doing the same thing :) like I say I Have just changed the power long button for now to restart and restart GUI until its fixed