PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Crash/restart when browsing EPG - Logs attached

cliver1956
13-06-16, 15:15
Hi,

I have had a couple of crashes while browsing the EPG. wasn't doing anything too fancy just scrolling through channels.
Attached are 2 log files, one for each instance.
Hope it helps.
Regards
Clive

birdman
13-06-16, 18:22
I've seen crashes from findBestEvent() reported before.
e.g. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51352-Crashes-on-pressing-EPG, although the route to it was different then.
That one seemed to be related to corrupt EPG data.
Still shouldn't happen, but it not easy to reproduce it to debug it.

Charley Dinkumer
16-06-16, 19:51
Happens regularly with my solo2, although I keep looking at this page and wondering exactly how I attach the crashlog????

abu baniaz
16-06-16, 19:58
Happens regularly with my solo2, although I keep looking at this page and wondering exactly how I attach the crashlog????

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

ccs
16-06-16, 19:59
Happens regularly with my solo2, although I keep looking at this page and wondering exactly how I attach the crashlog????..... reply to the thread, select advanced, and scroll down to manage attachments.

birdman
16-06-16, 20:55
Happens regularly with my solo2, although I keep looking at this page and wondering exactly how I attach the crashlog????The logs are all the same.
What is needed is a precise description of what is being done when it happens.

Charley Dinkumer
17-06-16, 19:34
As precise as I can make it.
I have crossEPG set up to download the Sky UK data at 4:00am each day, no other providers are being used. The epg.data is stored on the internal hard drive.
Occasionally one or two channels show corrupted data where it appears the old file is only partially overwritten - in effect a current channels entry for say 'come dancing' is broken up with yesterdays entries. (I don't really watch come dancing!)
When the cursor lands on that channel it often causes the system to reboot, and the only way I can stop it happening is to go back into setup- EPG and delete the epg.data file and re-download and everything is fine.
Sometimes I find that a channel has only one program showing and the rest is blank - that always causes a crash.

birdman
17-06-16, 19:58
So this looks like the issue is one of not crashing when invalid data is presented (since we know from experience that it will be, especially for network-obtained data).

Charley Dinkumer
23-06-16, 14:25
Just to keep anyone who's watching this thread up to date the box crashed again when the cursor reached 'BBC Parliament' that had no EPG data. (see attached Jpeg). This despite me doing a factory reset then reloading all the channels and then setting up my favourites.