PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Quattro LBN & Sky box!

NSabbagh
09-06-16, 21:09
I live in a block of flats, with a shared Sat dish and a distribution system (8 flats), which was recently updated by Sky Q. We had to replace the TV Aerial and the firm had to bring the whole thing down (inc the dish) and put them back again!

All looked OK, BUT.... when I restarted/rest my Sky box I have full for both the signal strength & quality, for input 1 (one cable, no Sky+) and I get the Sky broadcast signals. when I them go to the TV Guide, which shows the correct time and the listing. All looks good.

However, when I select a channel, the system just stops, with a message "No Satellite Signal" and when I go back and check signal, there is none! This happened after they have re-attached the LNB and visited the Sky Q box! Not sure what the problem is, but could it be that they have got the wires mixed up, do did the Sky Q system mess up my LNB and I need a new one?

twol
10-06-16, 06:36
Don,t know what Sky box you have, but doesn,t it expect to use 2nd sat input as default feed unless you tell the box (forget how) that you have only 1 feed?

NSabbagh
10-06-16, 17:41
The box was working OK with only one feed. It went wronge after they messed with the dish and cables.

Andy_Hazza
10-06-16, 17:47
You will need to check settings in your SkyQ receiver and check what @twol says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk